Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification on app won't go away

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently switched from apple to android. I have a notification on my Fitbit app that will not go away. I'm OCD about notifications on my phone. Please help!

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Were you able to rectify the problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes thank you
Tonia

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

How? I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I've not been able to rectify the problem. Because I have an iphone
my FitBit dashboard isn't exactly the same - I have no 'keep alive' widget?

--
*Regards,*
*Dawn Carter*
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone as well. Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Jean Marie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

If you are using an Android phone and getting this notification, I'd recommend that you try following the steps listed in this help article. That should definitely help out.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have an iPhone as well.  I have notifications from May. I just bought the fitbit in September, and no notifications are here from September or October (it's now October). How do I get rid of these old notifications and receive new ones? The old ones are NOT selectable nor can I swipe them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Broken for me as well. Dont have the persist notifications option on either.  Crappy 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I have finally managed to get rid of the notification icon. First I
turned off all notifications on the app (in settings) then I deleted the
app from my phone and reinstalled it. There was a warning saying that I’d
lose all my data but I was so frustrated I didn’t care. Fortunately I
didn’t lose my data and, after tapping on the notifications, the red
notification icon has gone - at last!
--
*Regards,*
*Dawn Carter*
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Please try to follow these steps to get your Fitbit to work:

1. Press and hold on the notification.
  2. Turn the notification off. 
  3. Tap Done.

That should help so that the notification goes away.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
The notifications are already turned off. Pressing, selecting or swiping doesn’t affect them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No that doesn't work. The notification is on the app icon (android). I can't "press and hold" on it, I can press and hold on the app icon but there is no notification option on that. 

This is smartphone 101, surely the developers at FitBit can figure this one out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChrisSmithHill and @DiscDancer.

I probably misunderstood what you are referring to, then. Could you share a screenshot and highlight what notifications is it that you are referring to? That should definitely help me in understanding what are you referring to.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. I don’t see a keep alive widget anywhere on my app. Any other suggestions? Like is there a way to restart the Fitbit or something? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a missed call notification on my new Ionic that is a week old and I cannot erase.  This is extremely frustrating for a product that I spent a lot of money on. Nothing fixes it. Can someone at FitBit PLEASE suggest a fix for it? I have an iphone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an iPhone and just got my versa.  I have a text from my mom that will not clear.  I tried clear all and I tried to clear it after clicking into the message.  All of my texts since then have cleared except for this one.

Best Answer

FYI - I researched it further and someone suggested a manual restart. I tried that and when it came back up, the notification had cleared.  Finally!  I restarted it in order to get the GPS to connect and it had another added benefit!  Good luck with yours. 

Best Answer

I notice that several people are commenting here saying they have iPhones. This forum is for Android you may get more help if you use the iOS forum which is for Apple devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this works for anyone with an iPhone! Go under settings on the Fitbit versa. Then go to about and shutdown. Once it restarts, mine went away 

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I can’t believe it was such an easy fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes