Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service is not running error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, just recently got a Versa 2 and its linked to my phone, Huawei P20.  I properly activated everything to get my messages pushed to the tracker and it worked. However, randomly and for no discernable reason, several times a day it stops coming through. The app then says "Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notification on tracker". This happens several times a day. Restart of phone or Versa2 doesn't work, I have to force stop the app and then switch notifications off and on again and restart the phone. This is just how I get it working and then it happens again a hour later. Why is this happening and how do I stop it? Please please help!! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Rolene, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. To fix this, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Fitbit are correctly configured and to try some troubleshooting steps. Please make sure that power management is disabled for the Fitbit app.

I'll be here if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for your advice.  I played around with the power management settings and changed settings for launch of apps from automatic to manual for the Fitbit app on my phone and think it may have resolved the issue, haven't had the problem since.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am having this issue constantly, I have followed all the trouble shooting guides and I still have the same issues.  Ive unsynced my bluetooth, and deleted the app, unsynced the device. I still get the error message. Please can someone help me

Best Answer

Screenshot_20200908_115027_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

  I have a constant alert symbol since the app update. 

Best Answer

Hi @SineadD85 tap on the alert signal to see what it is alerting you to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I eventually resolved it by making sure my battery optimizer was not
switching fitbit off. I went to "app launch" on my phone and changed the
fitbit app from automatic to manual and said it must always run in
background. See if your phone can do the same thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

its telling me that my notifications are working, and i need to restart my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I just did that there and disconnected the bluetooth. the alert is gone. Hopefully thats it now. Its such a pain

Best Answer
Mine did the same. Power management of my phone switched the app off in the
background. Then that happened and I had to restart everything. Play around
with you phone's power management or battery optimizer or whatever it is
called on your phone. I hope that works for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope its sorted now.
Best Answer
0 Votes