Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not working on version 2.75

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting notification service not working error on my Redmi4 phone. I am using fitbit versa which is 2 days old. Having lot of other issues as well for which I will open new thread. Disappointed with the fitbit. Had great expectations 😞

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @G_P_B.

I'd say tha this might be happening because the RedMi 4 is not on the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully tested and optimized to work with those phones and thus issues like this may arise. 

While the app can work as long as the phone meets the minimum requirements, Android 4.4+ and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that some issues will happen. This is because the app is not fully optimized to work with those devices and, in cases like this, an update to the app could further break the optimization. Some users of phones not on that list have mentioned that going through these troubleshooting steps helped them, so it's definitely worth a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lanuza,

Since the latest app update, I too have been experiencing a notification sync error that tells me to restart the phone continuously. I use a Moto G3, which is on the list of supported devices. Something is wrong with the most recent app update, and this issue shouldn't be ignored.

*update* I tried restarting my Fitbit, and it seems to have fixed the issue as it received a test call. But then the message that tells me to restart my phone showed up again. So there is still a problem.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Aspiring_Runner.

Thanks for that update. I'd like to ask about this message to restart, where exactly are you seeing it? Could you take a screen shot of it and then share it in here?

What happens if you do restart your phone as the message says? Does it come back again?

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked to fix the issue.

*update*It still isn't working right.

Best Answer

Hello @Aspiring_Runner.! 

Thanks for letting everyone know that reinstalling the app did the trick.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Forum members. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually reinstalling the app did not do the trick. The only reason I stopped receiving the error is because the notifications were turned off after reinstallation. After turning them on, the notification error message is still showing up. This is very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aspiring_Runner.

Thanks for the update. 

There was a new version of the app released recently. Maybe you could try to install that new version and see if the error message continues to show up. You can read more about it in here.

Best Answer
0 Votes