Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't sync to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got the new ionic watch and we had trouble setting it up from the start. Well we finally got it to connect and it was syncing (never got notifications to work though) until it updated. Now it's been a week and it still won't sync. I've done everything I can think of. I'm so irritated right now. Please help me figure out what to do. Thank you!

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Stephjkt4

That sounds quite frustrating. I'd like to ask you some questions so that I can get a better understanding of the situation:

• What mobile device are you using to sync?
  • Are you getting any sort of error message? If so, what does it say?
  • Are you connecting anything else to your mobile device's Bluetooth?
Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Moto X Pure. 

The only other thing that connects to Bluetooth is my car. 

The error just says can not connect to Bluetooth, try again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here and it's not a new issue nor is it just us two that are having this issue.  A quick google search shows this is widespread.  I had a surge before that was a nightmare to get to sync, I tried Ubuntu, Windows 10, Windows 7, and my Galaxy S6.  No luck so I thought maybe it's the watch so I bought an Ionic and the syncing is even worse.  I've given up on trying to sync it with my laptop and have started only using my Phone which I have to force quit the app multiple times, remove the Ionic from my Blue tooth devices, turn blue tooth on and off, and pray that maybe today it will sync.  Sometimes it does, most of the time it doesn't.  So from my experience with 2 different watches, 3 computers running 3 different operating systems (also tried Windows on the linux Computer, still didn't work) I'd say it's fitbit not us.  Feels like you pumped this watch out knowing there were syncing issues since there have been syncing issues with your app for a very long time, but didn't care because fitbit sees it as a minor issue.  The customers don't and it's extremely frustrating to pay so much money for a product that doesn't do what it is supposed to do. 

Best Answer

It is extremely frustrating! I can't even get it to set up now. I was so excited to get this watch and now it's useless because I can't even set it up. And no response from Fitbit at all. I guess I will have to call them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep I've been through hell trying to sync my Fitbits as well. I've decided to take a break from the frustration that is Fitbit and try a Garmin. 

I'll try my Fitbits and the app again next year sometime, because I spent too much money on them to just waste it. But I need a break before I start smashing expensive trackers lol.

Fitbit needs to get the syncing problem figured out before they "sync" into bankruptcy 😮

Best Answer

Hey @Crazy-Fritter@Stephjkt4 and @cobrastarfish.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. Please keep in mind that this is the Android board and it is meant to be used to discuss issues with the Android app primarily. From what you're all saying I'd say that it would be best to check the Iconic board to find much better assistance and solutions.

Hope to see you all around.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic not synchronise with OnePlus 5 t

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I'm using it on my phone like I said and the issue has been with a
surge and an ionic
Best Answer

Hey @cobrastarfish! A  very warm welcome to the Forums @Drvikas.

@cobrastarfish Thanks for the clarification. I'd like to ask you a question. When you were using the Surge, did you setup notifications with a mobile device or a Windows 10 computer? The same for the Ionic, did you setup notifications before the issue began?

@Drvikas, The OnePlus 5 is not currently a supported device and in this case that would be the reason why your Fitbit isn't syncing correctly. Do you have any other device that you could use to try and sync?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I was connected after day 2 of getting from Christmas but Pandora and music was not syncing.  I reset settings on watch and uninstalled app on phone.  Tried to connect again after several attempts and now phone is not finding ionic.  On my dashboard on my phone, it says firmware update and it is now trying to update.  I keep getting to this point and I have let it set for hours to update and nothing seems to be happening.  Should my watch be downloading?  Is my phone even compatible? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @karmle76.

That can absolutely by frustrating. I'd say that we try to restart the connection between your Ionic and your mobile. Try these steps:

1. Get into your iPhone's Bluetooth settings and look for your Ionic Blaze in there.
  2. Remove it from the paired devices list.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and go into the account tab and tap on 'Setup a New Device'.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions and then it should start syncing once again.

AS for your phone being or not being compatible, you can check on it on our compatibility page.

Let me know how this goes. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not using notifications, all I want it to do is sync my workouts to the app either on my phone or my computer.  Once it can do that consistently I'll start trying to get the notifications to work.  Recently it has started working with windows 10 if I plug it in and leave it plugged in for around an hour.  It is still an issue to get it to sync to anything though.  On the phone I still have to force quit the app then leave it sitting next to my phone for a a while, anywhere between a few minutes to a couple hours before it randomly decides to sync.  All other bluetooth devices are turned off in an effort to have the phone focus on the watch.  Doesn't make a difference though.

Best Answer
Ok. I will try this again. I have an LG 4. I actually have reset my
watch to factory settings again and it is downloading. I have been
downloading since 8am this morning and it is now 11am and it is only half
way done. I noticed this morning, before I accidentally reset to factory
settings that I was getting a fitbit error saying fitbit service is busy.
Try again. This is to update the firmware. I am hoping I can get this
done soon. I am starting a fitness challenge next week and would love to
be on top my game with my new watch.

p.s.
So if my phone is not listed on the compatibility list, this means at all
stops that my phone will not work with ionic. Just questioning, because my
phone was not listed but is newer than some that were listed. Confused.

Once fitbit is installed on my watch, I will try again to update the
firmware through my work's wifi. Hopefully, this will work.
Best Answer

Hey @cobrastarfish and @karmle76.

@cobrastarfish What mobile device are you using to try and sync? Perhaps we could find what the issue is in there. Additionally, have you connected your Iconic to your Wi-fi? That should improve the syncing speed.

@karmle76 In this case, since the G4 is not mentioned it we cannot guarantee that it will work. There are instances where incompatible phones do work , but it is completely out of our hands which ones do and why. Do you have a tablet or a computer that you could use to try and sync  your Ionic?

Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it's on my Wi-Fi, I'm using a moto g4 but it also did not work with a Galaxy s6 or any of my computers so i'm pretty sure it's not the phone.  This is a thing that is not specific to the ionic, the only consistent problem exists with the app.  I have tried on 2 different phones, multiple operating systems, and multiple computers.  The problems are the same with the surge and the ionic so myself and the tons of other customers who are having the same problems must have bought bad watches every time we've bought them which is unlikely or there is an issue with your app that has existed for years now that causes the watches to not be able to sync or just an issue with the whole syncing process that is involved with a fitbit.  You can keep telling us to do the same things we have been told by every fitbit staff again and again, and asking the same questions again and again, but that's not going to fix a problem that's on your end.

Best Answer
Finally got everything working the way i want it. It took me a week to
figure it out but it could've been the fact when I installed my new watch
under a different account than my app (i have 2 personal emails) probably
had something to do with it. Plus i am able to sync my music player other
than Pandora. Excited to use my new ionic starting with work challenge
next week.
Best Answer

Hey @karmle76 and @cobrastarfish.

@cobrastarfish Thanks for letting me know. You should be receiving an mail to your address linked to your Fitbit account. Please keep an eye out for it.

@karmle76 Fantastic news! Now you can reach all of your goals and really exploit the Ionic's potential. 

If there are any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@karmle76 did you get your G4 working with showing the notifications on the ionic? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I figured out i was using a different email when i set my watch up.
My app was using another email i forgot i was using. But it also takes
forever to download to watch to sync. It took hours. Then i figured out
that i didn't have to use Pandora. I used YouTube to figure out how to use
my own music player that i already was using with my blaze. Its working
fine now.
Best Answer