Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't sync to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got the new ionic watch and we had trouble setting it up from the start. Well we finally got it to connect and it was syncing (never got notifications to work though) until it updated. Now it's been a week and it still won't sync. I've done everything I can think of. I'm so irritated right now. Please help me figure out what to do. Thank you!

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

@karmle76 ok, gonna try again, i hope i get true. i got everything working, except the notifications.

hope i get it right this time 😉 thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you have them turned on both watch and smartphone (app and
settings).
Best Answer
0 Votes

@karmle76 please help me out a bit 😂

I reset my watch and deleted the app... Started from the beginning and everything i could possibly think off is switched on. It syncs great but still no notifications. If you think of anything else? Or maybe the youtube link or something. Sorry to bother 😉🙈

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is your notifications turned on your watch? Swipe to the right and turn
on. I was having "fits", get it, fitbit, sorry anyway, having problems for
my watch turn on when i turned my wrist and realized another tab or swipe
direction. Be on home page and just swipe to the right.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@karmle76 thank you verry much for all the help, i reset my watch and phone to factory settings yesterday and it didnt make any diffrence. So i kinda gave up. Untill an hour ago I was walking my dogs and suddenly i got some notifications on my watch, so it seems to work now. Why? I do not know but i sure am glad 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@karmle76 i geuss i figured out the problem. I always set my phone on silent. En when i do so the notifications dont show on the watch. When i set it to vibrate or sound the notifications do work. I read about when you set your phone to not disturb this would happen. But glad to have the problems fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good deal!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the fitbit ionic. Every time I try to set-up it says up date application.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Goldem4! I would like to confirm you have the latest app version which is 2.64. (The newest version is out for some users which is 2.65.1 but I can't assure you'll have access to it yet) 

Once, you've confirmed the above, log out of the app, force quit it and try to set up your tracker once again. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I m not able to connect ionic device since last 15 days,tri tried all methods.my phone is oneplOn 5t and watch having latest firmware

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having sync issues as well. And yes, sync other things to my phone. Started happening after recent upgrade

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic not setup

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Drvikas and @LouielouieN! I would like you to make sure that you have a supported device. After this, you may want to try this syncing troubleshoot

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @LouielouieN! I would like you to restart your phone and attempt to sync again. If after performing this, your tracker is still not connecting please try this syncing troubleshoot

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ioninc which used to sync fine has just stopped syncing.  I have tried everything - 

Turned Bluetooth off and on

Reset Ionic

Reset network

Deleted and reinstalled the app on phone and laptop

and multiple combinations of the same.  I keep getting the same thing:

1) It finds the Ionic on Bluetooth and asks me to enter the four digit code on the display.  This I do and it says 'Connecting to Fitbit and then nothing more it just hangs until my patience wears out - over an hour the last time.

I don't have the time to mess with this it has chewed up way too much time already.

Please help!

David

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @DavidDFrustrat

Thanks for sharing all of the steps you have gone through. In this case I'd like to recommend that you try resetting the connection between the Ionic and the Fitbit. You can do that by removing the Ionic from your phone's Bluetooth settings and then running the setup again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes