Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications and messages tab

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Apologies if this is a basic question.  Everything seems to be working ok with my new Blaze and android App on my S8 but I can't work out what should be in the notifications and messages tab in the app (bottom right icon from the dashboard) ? It's always empty. What should populate this page on the app ? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @DanLiddle! Welcome to the Forums.

I'll absolutely help you with this. Usually, you should be getting notifications like someone added you as a friend, or you received a cheer from one of your friends, things like that.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @DanLiddle! Welcome to the Forums.

I'll absolutely help you with this. Usually, you should be getting notifications like someone added you as a friend, or you received a cheer from one of your friends, things like that.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have just set up my blaze and am unable to get notifications in the notifications tab. Trying to connect to my wife's aria 2 and I can click on the link in the email from her invite, which takes me to the notifications page in the app but it is blank. My wife has added me as a friend and this dies not appear here either... any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Joshpapas.

That does sound quite bothersome.

I'd recommend that look into our Aria 2 board for issues related to the scale itself. You will definitely get the help you need in there.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen has always been blank and none of those items have ever shown up.....just confirming this is on the phone app and not my fitbit.....how can I get that corrected? I would like to see these things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @christib.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Could you take a screen shot of what you are seeing? I'd like to take a closer look at what is going on.

Additionally, could you check on the web version of the Dashboard to see if you are getting notifications from that end.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are always blank. If I am in the app, I get a pop-up but I never get phone notifications about my fitbit.....never have. I know my iPhone friends get friend challenge updates but I never do. Android s7.
ChristiSent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @christib.

Thanks for letting me know. 

To be sure, are you referring to the notifications showing on your Fitbit or on your Fitbit App?

If the former, please try to follow these steps for troubleshooting notifications issues.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The app and web... My fitbit gets the notifications I allow it to receive.
Screen has always been blank. If the app is open, I get a pop-up saying you got 10000 steps. But never any notifications when the app is closed.....accept my bedtime reminder comes through.
I never see all the notices that my iPhone friends get with challenge updates, etc.
And shouldn't notifications reside on the notifications tab? It is a waste of a screen if not.

ChristiSent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @christib.

Thanks for that clarification.

I will be passing this on to the rest of the team so that it can be looked into. As soon as there are any updates on the matter we will be sure to let you know and post about it in here.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes