Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 / P10 Lite/Plus Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After buying a Charge 2,  which wasn't pairing to any device, I got a new one at the store to try again. Still my Huawei P10 would not pair, so I paired it to my girlfriends Samsung. 

I would appreciate it if I could be informed if pairing with a Huawei p10 is possible in the future. 

Thanks in advance!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

HI everyone, I want to reach out to let you know I have merged several post to this thread regarding compatibility of the Huawei P10 and Huawei P10 Lite phones. Please be aware these mobile devices are not listed as compatible in our list of Supported Devices.

I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Hello @Joost3, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! The Huawei P10 Lite has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0) for the same reason we don't have an specific date or timeframe of when is going to be listed as compatible.

Since you were able to pair your tracker with your girlfriend's phone, you can log in now in your phone and log in using the same information without the need of pair your tracker again and give it a try to sync your information.

If that does not work, I suggest syncing up via a device listed as supported or using a computer in the meantime. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

See you soon and take care!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I also have the Huawei P10 Lite and also cannot connect it with my new Charge 2. The P10 Lite has 4.1 and yet some other phones like the Samsung S6 which also has Bluetooth 4.1 is compatible with Charge 2. From my understanding the Charge 2 only has Bluetooth 4.0 so why is it not compatible with the P10 Lite and how does putting it on the Supported list suddenly make it compatible. I feel Fitbit need to update the software so that more phones are made compatible

Best Answer

Hi there @NZBokkie, I understand your point and let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Bluetooth 4.1 is an update to the current Bluetooth 4.0 protocol that removes certain limitations and allow developers to do more with Bluetooth devices. It is backwards compatible and Fitbit trackers are compatible with devices using Bluetooth 4.1. 

While many Android devices has all the specifications to be compatible, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. 

I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience and thank you so much for your feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't get my Huawei p10 lite to connect with my charge 2. Quite disappointed as the phone is not that old. Any tips how to solve this? Else I might need to return my fitbit 😞

Best Answer

Hello @Nijntje, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! The Huawei p10 lite has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet. While many Android devices have the specification to sync with Fitbit, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App.

To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added. 

However I'm wondering how it goes? I can see on your Community profile your Charge 2 is as a paired tracker. Were you able to connect your tracker?

If this is not correct, I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer.

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Robert, I managed to connect to my old Sony Experia Z3, but not to my Huawei P10 lite as yet. Still would be much easier if I could just connect it to that one. So any tips to achieve this goal are welcome thx Nina
Best Answer

I am also frustrated the Fitbit app doesn't work with Huawei P10. I'm currently using my old iPhone to sync my data and it's just impractical! 

Please add Huawei p10 to approved compatible devices!!

Best Answer

I see @Nijntje, thank you for keep me posted and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community boards @TuliaSimba.

In some scenarios the pairing process is the most difficult with devices that are not yet listed as compatible, however I've seen user who were able to pair the tracker with a different device and afterwards are able to sync with the desire phone despite is not listed as compatible. It wouldn't hurt to try to sync or the troubleshooting steps from this post: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

With phones that are not listed as compatible in some scenarios doesn't meant it wont work at all, is just we cannot guarantee the behavior or if it will support all the feature from your tracker until has not been fully tested.

Rest assure if this device is able to support the app, it will be added to our list of supported devices.

Stay tuned for future updates and if I got more news I will keep you posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shame Huawei's premium devices are not high on FitBits list for compatibility as they becoming a larger in the Android phone market. 

Best Answer

I find it really disturbing that the huawei p10 is nog yet compatible. Chinese tech company Huawei retained its third position in the global smartphone share. It should be your top priority to make all their phones compatible, and the one that is sold the most at the moment first (p10 and p10 lite)

Best Answer

Hi Roberto,

While I was pretty excited by the features of the new Fitbit Alta HR, I was dissapointed to find out after I bought it that I can not pair it with my Huawei P10lite. Huawei is not a small or niche brand anymore (currently no. 3 worldwide phone producer) , so I wouldn't imagine having problems with this. So for the moment, even though I like the features of my Alta HR, I am considering returning it because it's useless for me since I cannot sync it with my phone. There are other fitness trackers producers with similar features that seem to be faster in updating the supported mobile lists.

Best Answer

Thanks for joining the Forums @Huawei-10.

We truly appreciate the time you took out of your day to come in here and let us know about this. We have received a lot of feedback in regards to the compatibility of Android devices. At this time, however, we do not have anything to announce. Please do know that I will be passing this post on to the rest of our team. When we do have any news, we will be sure to let everyone know.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I purchased a new Huawei P10

Lite and my tracker is not syncing with it. I did read that this phone model is not on the approved list, however my previous Samsung A3 was also not on the list yet I did not have an issue syncing with the tracker. I have a Charge 2. Please assist. 

Thanks, 

Latisha

Best Answer

I second the request for huawei p10 lite 2017 compatibility. 

I am able to get my charge 2 working by restarting Bluetooth and fitbit app until it connects. But it takes a lot of tries and time (even hours) before a successful connection is established.

After that everything works OK until I restart the phone, set airplane mode, disable Bluetooth etc. Today I am trying to connect it for 2 hours without success... 

Best Answer

Ok, this is very strange. I've actually used a Fitbit Charge on my Huawei P10 lite and since july of this year I linked a Charge 2 to my Huawei P10 lite, no problems whatsoever.

Until yesterday: I've been trying to sync for 1,5 days now. It won't work. Installed Fitbit again, erased it in my bluetooth devices list etc. etc.

Now my phone can't find my fitbit device anymore! So I'm searching for solutions on your website and found A LOT of posts of people who can't link their fitbit devices to the Huawei P10 Lite. I'm a bit disappointed because I don't have another old phone (from the list of compatible devices) to link it to instead. That actually means I bought an expensive fitbit and I can't use it? That's just not ok.

Please tell me that you are working on a solution??

Best Answer

Hello,

I've started to use my Fitbit charge HR again... but after trying to sync with my phone I noticed it still not on the list? This phone has been out for some time now and is pretty popular. When will you be supporting this?

Best Answer

You can check the thread about the supported devices list!

You'll see that fitbit is working hard to support more and more Android phones!

(sarcastic)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh yeah... Must be working overtime to get this sorted.... sigh.

These phones have been out 7 months with millions of units sold. Suprised that Fitbit hasn't bothered even supporting it. 

Best Answer

Do you have any further info here?? Astounded to get a new huawei P10 lite to find this is the case... Assumed any Android recent USB would be OK... Purposely bought newest version of Android for longer support. My phone will always be primary device... Other devices way less convenient..... 

Best Answer