Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 / P10 Lite/Plus Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After buying a Charge 2,  which wasn't pairing to any device, I got a new one at the store to try again. Still my Huawei P10 would not pair, so I paired it to my girlfriends Samsung. 

I would appreciate it if I could be informed if pairing with a Huawei p10 is possible in the future. 

Thanks in advance!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Cmon Fitbit.... this is becoming a bit of a joke now.

This isn't exactly a small brand we're talking about... Huawei is becoming more and more popular. I know you have an approved compatibility list but this phone has been out more than half a year now!

Best Answer

To setup the Fitbit Charge 2 to my Huawei P10 lite, I disabled NFC and changed the permissions of the app (enabled all like camera, contacts, locaties etc) in the settings. 

Best Answer
Well, since a few days I managed to pair my fitbit to my Huawei p10 lite
again. I wanted to keep trying so I installed the fitbit app on my Phone
again and it didn't pair, so I just left it alone.
The day after that I checked the app and saw that it synced automatically.
Very weird,. Since then I haven't really had much problems, accept from the
bad syncing problem (verrrrrryyyy slow).

I hope it works out for you. The only advice I can give is just to keep
trying. Be very patient...
Good luck!
Best Answer

I have changed smartphone for Huawei-p10 and now I can't sync it with my Charge2. I have  followed all steps from Fitbit site few times already without any results. Can you help me. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer

Hello @Joanna11, nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community! Note the Huawei P10 is not listed as compatible in our list of supported devices. So in these scenarios we cannot guarantee the behavior of the app and tracker in relation with your new mobile device.

When a device is not listed, it means is under testing by our teams to make sure it will support all the Fitbit features or it was determined it is not supported. However even as moderators we do not have this information until is shared in the link I've shared at the begging, neither we have an specific timeframe of when is going to be listed to avoid any false expectation from our users.

You mentioned you have tried different solutions to no avail, however I'm going to share with you the following post for you to review if there is any other option to try: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this)If the issue persists, I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for future updates!

See you later and for more questions stay tuned to the Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I had a fitbit charge 2 which i used with my huawei p8, which worked perfectly fine. Then i bought earlier this year an huawei p10 lite and after some minor isues the fitbit was working fine on this as well. a couple of weeks ago i had some troubles with my charge 2 and i sent it to the company where i bought it, they said it couldn't be fixed and i got a new one.

Now i have a problem with this new fitbit Charge 2. My phone won't sync with this new fitbit. i see the huawei p10 lite is not on the list with the compatible devices, but it worked before for me so it can work with a huawei p10 lite. I've read a lot of other forums as well and everytime moderaters say that it is not compatible yet but that they are working on that. Is there any indication how long this will take and is there a way around this problem? I've synced it now with my Ipad, but it would be so much better if I can just sync it with my phone and that i can receive whatsapp messages and calls etc on my fitbit again.

Kind regards,

Coen

Best Answer

Tough luck.

Fitbit doesn't work with any huawei phone made after early 2016. And, as clearly stated in all the threads from as early as 2016, they've got no intention to fix this.

Best Answer

I have the p8 lite, and since I had it, there were a few times where it synced and worked. Quite frankly looking at what I paid for my Charge 2 I can honestly say it is a waste of money with absolutely no support. I will not recommend anyone getting a Fitbit either.

I bought a DoFit activity tracker for my wife which works perfectly with her p8 Lite, my Samsung 10.1 tablet. Syncing and notifications come through with absolutely no problem. I paid 25% of what I paid for my Charge 2 so I expected it to be sub-par. The functions are quite good and I have no issues with it either.

I ordered a p10 lite for me now, seeing that it seems that it will not work with that either I will definitely be following my example and get another activity tracker that actually syncs. I do not understand how a company of that size cannot do something as simple as work on compatibility. There is a huge market in South Africa and they are killing it by not support Huawei phones.

Good luck.

Best Answer
Out of the blue the fitbit started to sync with my huawei p 10 lite. It is now working all the time and i get even my whatsapps and calls.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting. In other forums I've seen that for a number of users it works perfectly.

To me, it syncs automatically (Always in background and never when I force it, even after restarting everything) once every 3 days or so. It's unexplicable....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here just bought p10 lite. Won’t sync but shows updated challenges but not mine. But on iPad mini  it works. Then appears on my p10 with updated numbers looks like my iPad shall have to travel with me  WHY are Fitbit not sorting this. I see huawei have a  watch tracker out now may be that is the way forward far cheaper to

Best Answer

@luca85 wrote:

Tough luck.

Fitbit doesn't work with any huawei phone made after early 2016. And, as clearly stated in all the threads from as early as 2016, they've got no intention to fix this.

Same here just bought p10 lite. Won’t sync but shows updated challenges but not mine. But on iPad mini  it works. Then appears on my p10 with updated numbers looks like my iPad shall have to travel with me  WHY are Fitbit not sorting this. I see huawei have a  watch tracker out now may be that is the way forward far cheaper to

Best Answer

GREAT NEWS IT IS NOW MINE HAS BEEN NOTICED FROM YESTERDAY YIPPEE 2/11/17 CHUFFED TO BITS 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is p10 lite 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did manage to sync mine with the p10 it just took forever and is still very very slow.

I also noticed that the silent alarm etc never worked properly with my p10

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wozie,

How did you manage to get you P10 and Fitbit to pair? I've tried the suggested NFC but my phone only see's my old fitbit Flex.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thaks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Huawei P10 since July and I've had no real big issues with pairing it with my Alta, that was until the new update that was recently released. Now it just doesn't sync no matter how much I try. And I can't sync to my computer as I have Windows 8.1. Also, I only have the one mobile device. 

So now my fitbit is an overpriced watch! 

Is there any way to roll back to the previous app version please?

Best Answer
No idea sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your best option is just to pair it like you normally would using the app. This honestly took about 10 minutes to do on my P10... just pressing the screen now and again so my phone didn't go to sleep.

But even once paired syncing is slow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI everyone, I want to reach out to let you know I have merged several post to this thread regarding compatibility of the Huawei P10 and Huawei P10 Lite phones. Please be aware these mobile devices are not listed as compatible in our list of Supported Devices.

I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer