Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications issue & wrong exercise being logged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear All,

I am just 4 days old on Fitbit Charge 2. i am using handset named Xiaomi Redmi 4.

i am facing couple of Problem.

1. when I drive my motorbike, fitbit considers this as outdoor bike activity and Calculates as exercise. even Steps are getting counted on my Fitbit while driving

2. after every Couple of hours my Calls Text notification is getting disabled automatically and it asks me to allow or enable the Notifications in my phone. though the strange part is, it is already Green or allowed or enabled i my mobile settings.

need your help urgently

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @IshanK, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! 

In this case we have to consider the device you are using is not listed as a compatible device. Whit devices that are not being tested or are still in process to determine if are compatible, we cannot guarantee what would be the behavior in relation to the Fitbit app and tracker's functionality.

With this I can explain why the notifications are having that odd behavior. Nonetheless it would not hurt to try the following suggestions: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Now, you mentioned that your tracker is reading Outdoor bike along with some steps while you drive your Motorbike. In a few words this is the same reason why is happening this. I have experienced the same situation with my tracker and to explain better this. In the most basic form your tracker is a movement sensor that will read all your motion pattern. But in some occasions when the road is a little bit bumpy or there is a consecutive vibrations (Due to the engine of your bike). Your tracker will translate this as exercise or steps.

So in my case I leave these exercises on my Dashboard as were not causing great impact in my overall numbers; but if you do not want this, you can first delete the Outdoor bike exercise. Keep in mind the time the activity has before you proceed. Go to your app and log "Drive" in the exercise log section in the type field. Enter the time you kept from the exercise or enter the time you where riding your bike. Make sure the date is correct and save.

This option will removed those steps and floors if there are any, but it will keep your calories burned in relation to the time not considering the data you have removed, taking base only your BMR.

To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes