Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working with Samsung note 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a Samsung note 5 and just switched to the blaze and now I'm not getting any notification. It says my phone isn't compatible but it was with my fitbit charge. Why is this
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Community @Harvest. Actually, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is not a compatible phone and that's why you are having problems with your notifications. I recommend verifying our list Compatible Mobile Devices and in the meantime, you can sync your tracker with a computer or a compatible phone.

Let me know if you need anything else. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications not working with Samsung note 5:
Note 5 notification won’t sound off until the alarm goes off:
If it happens every time, then you must have set the phone not to sound off when messages come in for a specific period of time. I don’t have any idea how you set your phone or what apps you’re using so I don’t know for sure what’s causing it. But the thing is the phone sounds off when messages come in but not until the alarm went off.Also, I’m wondering, do messages come in all at once? Because if so, the reason why you weren’t hearing any notifications is because the messages didn’t come in at the expected time.Finding the culprit is really difficult but further observation may just help you solve this problem. It’s really difficult for us who don’t have any idea how the phone is set up especially when it comes to its sounds and notifications.
Note 5 text notification not working if messaging app is open:
Trust me, you’re not the only one who complained about it. In fact, this has been one of the most common complaints Galaxy owners reported after the lollipop update. It seems like Samsung deliberately did this maybe thinking why should users be notified of new text messages when they already looking at or using the messaging app? But as for me, it would still be better if they just left the phone as it was in this aspect because, like me, many owners hit the home button after reading a text.But honestly, there’s not much we can do about this issue.

Ringtone purchased from Verizon Tones not included in the list:
I’m not sure what you mean by the Music Box because I haven’t heard of it before. However, about your problem, as long as you’ve successfully downloaded the ringtone, you should be able to find it when you hit Add Ringtone. Since it’s not included in the list of available ringtones, it might have been downloaded to a different location. Try opening the Music app and head to recently added songs to see if it got detected by it. If it’s there, then it was successfully downloaded, otherwise, it’s better to call Verizon and request for assistance.
Note 5 plays back videos without audio but can play music just fine:
I never encountered this kind of issue before. Sure, I encountered a lot of audio-related problems but not like this. The volumes for both music and videos are set under “media,” basically, if the Music app plays the audio without issues, the video player should be able to do so provided that the video being played back comes with audio. Before spending time troubleshooting, there’s one thing you need to do: try recording a video of yourself talking to the camera and make sure your voice is audible enough. After that, try to play back the video to see if there’s a sound. If not, then try the following:
• Clear the cache and data of the video player.
• Try booting the phone in safe mode and play a video.
• If all else fails, you need to do the master reset.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @marlonbrando921, hope you're doing great! Thanks so much for giving us those details about how your Note 5 is doing with the Fitbit app and your tracker.

But as my friend @AlejandraFitbit mentioned before, the Note 5 is not yet a compatible device with Fitbit. Although the Note 5 hasn't been fully tested and listed as supported, it wouldn't hurt to attempt to set up your Note 5 for syncing with these steps. Per a friend personal experience, the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 is syncing and fully functional with call/text notifications. Depending on your device, all features may not be fully functional. Keep an eye on this list as it will be listed there once fully tested.

We don't guarantee that your Note will work, but just be aware that it would or wouldn't. 

Have a great weekend!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone -- UPDATE: The Galaxy Note 5 is now listed as a supported device here. I recommend trying to sync again and/or following these troubleshooting tips if you continue to experience issues.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer