Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden i can't  get notifications on my samsung 10+. Why? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

All of a sudden i can't  get notifications on my samsung 10+. Why? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @pschmitz21  be sure you have the latest Fitbit app, firmware and the latest Android update from Samsung. You have to allow notifications to come to your device from your phone. Check on your permissions?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done all that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see your phone on the list of compatible devices? click to see

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my phone fo at least a year and my versa worked fine with it until this week. 

Best Answer

You recently get an update from Android?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do I need a new Fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Samsung Galaxy s10+ and all of sudden I stopped getting text notifications on my versa. And I've had my s10+ for over a year now and everything was working just fine till a couple of days ago as well. 

Best Answer

12/2919 when I got an update for my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for speaking up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

12/29/19 was my latest update

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pschmitz21 and @Christinaa324 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Thanks for your participation @Odyssey13

I would like you to confirm you've tried this notifications procedure. After this, please check if you receive notifications. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I have tried with no luck.
Best Answer

I have tried all that all ready and still wont receive my text notifications on my versa. I have looked up everything possible through that and have done everything possible but nothing is working. Like I said I can get calls and calendar notifications just fine but my text messages have just all of a sudden stopped showing up on my versa.

Best Answer

Same here - I've tried everything and still no texts - everything else is coming through fine. I even enabled ALL permissions for EVERYTHING just to be sure nothing was preventing it from coming through. I tried the "method" they keep suggesting about 10 different times and still nothing.

It's really disappointing and I really wish Fitbit could give a better answer as to when/how this will be fixed. 

Also I did make sure the "text preview" was turned on and like I said, gave all permissions for the fitbit app. 

I'm getting ready to give up altogether since I'm only able to get half my notifications. Yes I use other features but at this point its just a fancy watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, I was told needed to wait until next update that they are aware of issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish they would have told me that. Thank you for letting me know.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I even uninstalled the fitbit app and reinstalled it and now my fitbit app wont even open.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you gotten a response from fitbit? Someone said just have to wait they are aware?

Best Answer
0 Votes