Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications with Galaxy S7 Edge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Samsung s7 edge and I can't get my notifications to sync. I have the phone for 5 months and Ithen won't work.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Sonflower915, let me start by giving you a warm welcome. If your tracker is not receiving Text/Call Notifications please refer to the troubleshooting steps: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app). You will find all the pertinent information to resolved this issue.

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted if the issue persists.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13
I have a charge 2 that I bought 4days ago, and a Samsung Galaxy s7, I have been unable to get text messages on my tracker. I have done everything you can imagine including exchange my tracker for a new on because I thought it was defeated. I have un-paired, restarted, Uninstaled, reinstalled... everything! For shelling out $180 for a tracker it would be nice if it worked properly. Is there anything I can do or something maybe I missed... And yes the settings are all set to receive messages... Help please.
Thx
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Forums @Krisnavick. Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. If you are not able to receiving notifications, I recommend following the instructions provided by @MarreFitbit in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Krisnavick the one thing I don't see in the link points to, is that they is a setting to check under the phones Sounds and Notifications Settings. Look for the option to show on the lock screen.

One more thing that is helpful when troubleshooting, on the notifications settings page in the app, there is a gear in the top right. To that and you can send a test notification, but as noted this will not work while a sync is in process.

I find that simply restarting the phone works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sonflower915, let me start by giving you a warm welcome. If your tracker is not receiving Text/Call Notifications please refer to the troubleshooting steps: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app). You will find all the pertinent information to resolved this issue.

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted if the issue persists.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just got my charge hr and im using a htc one m8 with android 5.01.i have tried pairing it all day but cant still get call notifications.i am contemplating returning it as the reason i dropped my flex 2 was for the visual call notification.how can i rectify this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am waiting for the information as well.  It looks like there is some kind of problem as my Charge 2 has worked with my Samsung Galaxy S7 since day 1, and it stopped working yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I scrolled through the different screens on my Charge 2 until the notification one came up and it showed "off".  I held the button on the side of the Charge 2 until the notification "on" came up.  Life is good again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just switched from a Samsung S6 to an LG G6. I am now longer receiving a little vibration and blue light on my Flex 2 when my G6 is in silent mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Can you provide a screenshot of what your S7 edge Fitbit app notifications page look like???

Is that where we can see the  "Fitbit Notification service"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wed2lenn glad to here this.

For others this screen is iff by default and can be added as a memu option from the Charge 2 settings. 

You can also hold in the button while viewing the clock. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting my devices and starting again to get notifications but it doesnt seem to be working. Please help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's a troubleshooting guide for android notification problems here:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1611/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to YouTube to figure out how to make sure fitbit can always run in the background, also, I found out if your phone is on silent you have to put it on vibrate or ring. However,  they changed a setting so you can leave it silent but it's a sub field toggle within the fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes