Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutrition data incorrect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nutrition values are still wildly broken on the latest version, and a moderator just had the audacity to close all the topics claiming it's fixed. It's been broken for months, if not years, and you can't gaslight us into believing otherwise. But you can destroy your own brand.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping us posted and for every step tried on your own. I'm happy to share with you that the Fitbit Android App 3.66 is now slowly rolling out to all our members and will include a fix to receive accurate reporting of Nutrients for food logging. Because this is a progressive roll out, if you don't see this update available yet, check later and install it once you do.

If by any chance the issue persists, please don't hesitate to let me know so I can keep our team informed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
92 REPLIES 92

I log my meals in my Charge 4. The last 2 weeks the nutrients data is calculating incorrectly- WAY higher than the actual numbers should be. Tracking my nutrients is critical to my health so I'm now using the myfitnesspal app. Please provide a resolution timeline for this issue.

Best Answer

@Jorange , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and feedback. 

Our team is aware of the situation and working on a solution for it. 

Please keep an eye open, for any Fitbit app update available. 

In the meantime you can log your calories on the online Dashboard (fitbit.com)

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update.  It's inconvenient to track my meals online, I perfer using my cell, so until the nutrients data issue is fixed, I'm using the myfitnesspal app on my cell to accurately track my meals.

Best Answer

@Jorange , Nice to see you back. Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience that this situation might have caused.

Our team is working to bring you all back on track. I appreciate your patience and comprehension. 

See you around.  

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which Android version are you on?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolute latest version of Android 12.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 3.63 did not fix the wacky, very wrong nutrition data.

I deleted the app and performed a new install to ensure the data tables were rebuilt.

Check out this complete thread....with all of the details described of the issue by multiple users.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Nutrients-summary-shows-incorrect-data/m-p/5190024/highl...

Not sure why the other thread was closed.

Not sure how Fitbit (Google) determined that this was fixed.

21-Jul-22

We need more users to log their experience with the nutrition data..even upvotes would work.  Fitbit needs to see that this issue is important to many people instead of just the few who are posting.  Volume matters.

22-Jul-22

Updated to 3.64.  Cleared storage and cache.  No change / no fix.  They did add some charts....tried to prettify the charts but no true new useful functionality for me.

18-Aug-22

Updated to 3.65.  Cleared storage and cache.  No change / no fix.  3 months...Fitbit rolled out other changes.  Fitbit "fixed" other bugs/  Fitbit introduced new bugs.  Unhappy.

Best Answer

I came to start a new thread because of this.  It's OUTRAGEOUS that the moderator would simply declare the problem solved and close all the threads before hearing any feedback.

I just checked, and sure enough, I still have this issue, too.  I cleared the cache, uninstalled, and reinstalled Fitbit (v. 3.63.1, Android 9, Moto X4), and it's still not fixed. As a test, I entered in 4 tablespoons of peanut butter just now.  The result: 64g fat, 24g carbs, 28g protein (see screenshots).  It's not even directly double the normal amount - 4 tablespoons should be 32g fat, 14g carbs, and 16g protein.  [Edit: I just realized the compatibility requirements say Android 10, so I installed the app for the first time on my Android 12 tablet, and the problem exists there, too, even when adding new food items to the diary.]

I need to track my fiber for my gut issues, and my iron because I'm vegetarian, so this simply won't work.  It's not the biggest issue for Fitbit, I get that, but the company's behavior around this has been atrocious.  Enough for me to cancel my subscription, even if this component of the app isn't part of the paid service.  It just seems unreasonable to spend money for a product that I can't trust to function reliably in the future.  Beyond that, the moderator's habit of replying with form letters, without ever directly, meaningfully addressing the issue, is not sufficient after this long!  I BEG the moderator, PLEASE ACTUALLY TALK TO US.  If you need a supervisor, or to "clear it through legal," then please do so.

Screenshot_20220718-113413.pngScreenshot_20220718-113402.png

Best Answer

Same here. Was really excited for the fix, but 50 grams of bran flakes is still reading 50g of fat, 10500 grams of sodium and 500 grams of protein.

Best Answer

Sorry, I meant to ask which version of Androlid Fitbit app are you on.  It was stated by @LizzyFitbit  that it is fixed in version 3.63.  I don't know whether or not all problems are fixed there, but it is pointless to complain about problems if you are running a version below that.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit once again says latest ver 3.63 fixed problem and closed the months long thread deeming it fixed. This ver did NOT fix the problem. Nutrients still do not add correctly!! I do not believe there is any "team working on" what seems to be a simple coding fix. It's basic addition and very annoying to have to manually add each nutrient yourself to keep ones diet on track. 

Best Answer

I'm on 3.63, have been for a while now. No idea where the mod got the idea to claim it's suddenly fixed today. It's an absolute lie.

Best Answer

Note that there's a v3.63.1 that I believe was released yesterday.  I still have the problem in this newest version, even after reinstalling/clearing cache/etc.

Best Answer

After almost 2 months of waiting, Fitbit tells us they fixed the issue BUT they didn't.  Not only that, they closed comment on the old post so we couldn't tell them it isn't working.  Below is my post from May 23.  THIS STILL ISN'T FIXED.  Fitbit is useless.  I tell everyone I can to buy a different brand.

After the most recent app update, the "Nutrients" summary is wildly wrong.  On the "Food" page under "Maconutrients," the app correctly totals the carbs, fat and protein based on the individual items I have entered.  When I click on the "Nutrients" link, the "Nutrients" don't match the carbs, fat and protein and are about 7-10 times higher than the accurate amount.  The internet dashboard accurately displays everything so it's clearly something in the app.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that didn't work.

Best Answer

Another version is out 3.63.1, not sure if it fixes the issue, 

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

It does not, as far as I know.  I installed v3.63.1 on both of my devices (Android 9, Android 12) and have this issue on both of them.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the cache, re-entering items, etc. to no avail.

A few weeks back, they fixed the brief issue with the Dashboard and Food tabs not updating calories/macros, but the Nutrients tab has been wrong for months.  Did the update fix this for anyone??

Best Answer

Nope.  Still broken.  

Best Answer

200k sodium today I must be the saltiest guy on the planet...

Best Answer

Despite the version 3.63 update claiming a fix, the nutrient data is still wrong. I'm disappointed fitbit closed the prior thread, forcing new threads to be created, fixing the appearance this isn't a very VERY long standing issue. macros are still wrong. We purchase these products based on what they do for us, a lot of us required by doctors to monitor these items. Fitbit continues to fail us.

Best Answer