Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutrition data incorrect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nutrition values are still wildly broken on the latest version, and a moderator just had the audacity to close all the topics claiming it's fixed. It's been broken for months, if not years, and you can't gaslight us into believing otherwise. But you can destroy your own brand.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Despite their insistance this issue is NOT resolved.

The micronutrients is still all over the place 2 carrots giving me 24500mg of vit A? I don't think so.

All they do in the help sections is blame the user and income shame us for not having the latest phones. My phone may run an older version of Android but it syncs the steps etc from my watch without a problem so I KNOW this is NOT the issue. 

Try to speak to a manager and you are NOT allowed to it has to be done by email then they ignore any responce we make to them.

I think I will be better served changing to Garmin at least they might have better customer service  and an app which actually works properly. 

Best Answer

Did the update yesterday. Still incorrect nutrients on the detail page.

Screenshot_20220719-080533_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20220719-080541_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Still broken. I logged out, cleared cache and logged back in. Still a mess.

2 months or a basic core feature not working... 

Best Answer

Mod Lizzyfitbit yesterday closed the existing thread people were having with this message:

"I'm happy to share with you that this issue has been fixed with the 3.63 version. If you haven't done so, go to the Play Store and update the Fitbit app on your Android devices. As mentioned before, make sure your phone meets the compatibility requirements in order to receive updates.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread. However, if you experience any issue after this update, please start a new thread in the Help Forums in order to receive help from the Community.

I truly appreciate your patience and feedback. We'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you."

The problem is, my nutrition information is still inaccurate even after installing the newest update 3.63. The Macronutrient information displays correctly, but when I click on Nutrients to look at more in-depth information, the info is wildly elevated. 

Best Answer

Perhaps if we ALL cancel premium membership (those who have it) and tell them the mess the app is in is the reason fitbit may start to take notice. As let's face it all they care about is our money they do not care about us as customers

Best Answer

My subscription ends in August, but I've canceled renewal and am looking for other fitness trackers.  I don't have a choice!  I need a functioning product so that I can keep improving my health.  A shame, because I've really liked my whole experience with Fitbit prior to this.  But the lack of a timely fix for what is likely a minor coding error, and the moderators' sheer refusal to provide anything more than a form response, just doesn't given me any confidence that this will be addressed.  It's been months!

Best Answer

Unclear why they're claiming this was fixed when it clearly isn't. I am on latest Android, fresh install of latest Fitbit app (new phone just yesterday). Tracking sodium, the app shows nutrient summary for the day as 4575mg, which is insane! I double checked all labels at home and confirmed the log entries matched the correct sodium levels for the serving sizes entered. All measurements showing on labels and in log in mg only. When manually adding all sodium, the correct total is 1480mg. 

There's a MASSIVE difference between 1480mg and 4575mg. No matter what conversions I run, I cannot come up with "4575". Where is this number coming from? It's clearly not the logged sodium!

I have not checked other nutrients to find which might also be impacted. Given the number of users already reporting several inconsistencies *after* the latest update, it would be wise to have the programmers check *everything*.

Best Answer

Still broken for me, and thought the silence on this is really not cool, I have found that actual webpage seems to be unaffected. 

It's not ideal, but I added the webpage to my phones homepage and just check there when I wanna see my macros.

You can still add food in the app, as its a little easier, but for macro details the webpage should work when you log in on PC or your phone to 

https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log

Hope this helps everyone... for the time being.

Best Answer

Thanks.  Only downside is that the website doesn't track some of the nutrients (e.g. calcium, iron) for those of us with specific dietary needs. I can at least track my fiber intake through the website, though!  Strange that each would have different information.

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reaching out regarding the nutrient details on the Fitbit app. I would like to let you know that this has been reported and Fitbit is actively investigating into it. I want to thank again for the screenshots and detailed explanation. As soon as I have news about this, I will come back and post them. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Main screen for foods shows the daily total nutrients correctly.  Hit the nutrients button underneath to get detailed information and everything is 2 to 3 times the amount shown on first screen.   Why the difference.  I would like to have the correct info displayed, not vastly over inflated amounts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still broken in 3.64. Plus now you've ruined the UI too.

Best Answer

same issue currently exists on the Android app too... only occurs where a food item that is logged is not '1 of something'.... for example if you're adding a food consumed that is down as being declared as a10g serving = the nutrients declared, at the moment, both apps are effectively seeing the macros and sodium content as for a 1g serving, then multiplying that by the serving size you've declared as being consumed - i.e. 10g - so multiplies the 10g serving details by 10..... obviously the figures get more ridiculously exotic if you're logging 250g/ml or 500g/ml!!

(strikethrough of the first bit.... I thought I was replying to an issue on the iOS board 😄)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Luckily I still have 26 days to send back a watch if this doesn't get fixed.  The figures within each food are correct (up to user error in entry obviously) and the Macronutrients appear to be correct.  The nutrients are another story.  I just spent a bunch of time deleting entries that had -- for nutrients just in case and it didn't fix anything.  I apparently ate a bowl of potassium and a bowl of sodium along with my lunch.  An inability to add a series of numbers properly doesn't make me trust things like HRV or anything else they do.  That plus my "heartrate" running from 70 up to 120 and back to 70 within about a 10 minute stretch while sitting at my desk makes me wonder what this watch does at all (and the app is a joke as far as what it is unable to do).

P.S. - manual 15 second readings were 16-18 the whole time, I'm actually ok - not that fitbit could tell me that...  But hey, I got some in the zone minutes....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Figured I would update this to say the Dashboard at fitbit.com does add all of the nutrients correctly (or at first blush appears to).  So, they CAN add them up properly, just can't get it to have the same values in the app as on the dashboard....

Best Answer

Absolutely ridiculous. New version has introduced a useless, completely unnecessary visual update, yet its core functionality is still broken.

What a joke...

Best Answer

Lizzy said the same thing to us quite a while back! 

This has been an issue for almost two months, and all I've received from Fitbit were messages asking for screenshots and a reason why I THINK the nutritional information is incorrect (as if the screenshots weren't self explanatory)!

This is a problem I've noticed after receiving a new cellphone with Android version 12.  Prior to this, I was using version 10 and the problem didn't exist.

Best Answer

Hello,

i have seen this in forums before and it is mentioned that it is fixed with the 3.6 update

i have the 3.8 app from the playstore and using samsung galaxy s22

the nutrients info on the website are correct however on my phone the nutrients sheets is way off

for example my protein consumption so far today is 74g , but if i go to the nutrients details it is 4751g which doesnt make sense ofc 

it is the same for all others data, so nothing is correct just used the protein one as an example 

thnks

Best Answer

Hello Fitbit,

Since the update...

If you press and hold the columns on the macro nutrient bar graph, the values for protein, fat, and carbs are exactly 2 times higher than the amounts shown under the pie chart.

Best Answer

I tried to edit my post to make a correction, but could not figure out how to do so.

I was incorrect when i stated that the values were exactly 2 times higher.  The numbers are all increased without a pattern, and are not consistent.

Best Answer