Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd problem with fitbit app... Dash board icons grey and no text.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I opened my Fitbit app today to sync, and nothing was displayed. I could see the shapes of the icons and the text areas were grey boxes. When I tried to go to Discover it said it couldn't communicate with the server. However it did sync and I now see today's steps on my Web Dashboard (viewed in Firefox).

But the android app icons are still grey.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ckaga2000  it happened to me, too. It seems to have cleared up now. Let us know if you were able to get back in.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ckaga2000  I got that too. I just done a restart on my phone to clear it.

The weird thing I found was that the playstore thought my app had been updated seven hours earlier. But I'm using android 5 and I had the last update for that previously. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a server outage yesterday. It seemed to have affected the app data refreshing, the Fitbit website and also the forums. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Okay, I just check it and it seems to be working.

I had been putting off updates until that morning. When I was able to Sync and go to my Dashboard from my computer I assumed the update broke something.

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me, too, on that day. I updated and then when I went to the app everything was grayed out.  I thought the update had done it. Later my daughter told me that Fitbit online wasn't working either.

It's working now, but ever since the update it has had a more difficult time syncing, and today it won't find the watch at all. I don't know if that has to do with the outage Fitbit had or the update.

Best Answer