Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Fitbit Device Support (Android)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I and other users have a problem with the Fitbit app, the otherwise kind and helpful support ends with "your phone is not on the list of supported devices". Eg. when I first activated the Ionic, it instantly connected to my Oneplus 3 but the sync process failed although it was connected. I contacted the support which told me there's nothing they can do, because "my phone is not supported". I later on solved the problem myself which took me half a day - otherwise I would have returned the Ionic.

Now, my point is, the list of supported (Android) devices is a big joke in 2018. There is 1 (ONE) Android device from 2017 on that list (the Samsung S8 / S8+) and just a handful of devices from 2016. All the other devices are older and not even available for purchase any more. If Fitbit hides behind that device list they should at least include the Top 10 Androids or the flagship device of any manufacturer each year. I work at small company and we do just a handful of small apps (it's not our core business) and even we have several actual devices to test on, it should be a no-brainer for a company like Fitbit to do the same.

So PLEASE Fitbit, get some testing devices or just tell your support guys to stop with that "not on the device list" argument. You are just striking out with a lot of people (customers) otherwise and honestly, it would just be professional to support more devices officially. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

And why do they not make at least the last few versions available for download so that when they release a flawed version, like now, you can revert back to the previous version.

There are suddenly a large number of comments about notifications mysteriously not working, but it's not the release that just came out...

This has been an issue for years. You either wait for them to release the next fix, or download a previous version online, which is probably not the easiest thing for many people to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding providing the previous versions, that's a little bit difficult at least in the Google Play Store. Providing the APK directly creates other problems (users have to update on their own, not very feasible).

But I agree, a lot of people rely on their device on a daily basis and don't want anything to be broken by an update, some other users prefer frequent and perhaps unstable updates. Google offers the opportunity to organize open or closed beta groups for app testing in the Play Store, I would love to see that in the future. (And would be happy to participate and give proper feedback.)

Best Answer