Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only sync when open app. No notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I have the Charge 2 and Samsung Galaxy s7 . Initially I would get text and call notifications, but all of that has stopped. If I open the app on my phone it syncs but as soon as I close it it turns off. Bluetooth and location are on. Always sync is on. Notifications are on. I've went through the steps of turning off the Bluetooth, force stopping the app and resetting the fitbit band. Still nothing. I also did the latest update to the app. Any suggestions? I actually upgraded my band from the HR for the option to get text and call notifications, so for them not to be working defeats the purpose.  Also have yet to get a reminder to move notification. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Regarding the notifications: have you checked your phone settings to see if notifications are allowed to be accessed by fitbit? I remember having to explicitly turn this setting on for my android phone. It could be that another app either changed these settings, or they were changed due to a system update.

To check this on android, you can do the following (steps on custom android versions for samsung phones may differ):

1. Go to settings
  2. Go to Apps
  3. Press the settings button in the top right
  4. Click on Access Permissions
  5. Under Contacts, Phone and SMS, make sure the Fitbit app has these permissions turned on.
  6. Go back to the settings starting screen
  7. Go to Sounds & Notifications
  8. Under avdanced, go to Notification access
  9. Make sure Fitbit Notification service is switched on

Additionally, I do not get any notifications pushed to my fitbit if my phone is set to silent.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes