Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overloading the system notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At least once a day I get a notification that says an app is overloading the system. Fitbit cpu usage is at 23%

Uodated phone and versa.. 

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hi @Simply_christy

What phone and which Android system are you using?

Have you checked to see how many notifications you're receiving and if there are any you can stop receiving?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Samsung galaxy s7. Android 8.0.0. Only started receiving this since updating phone. The only phone notification i have is the ongoing fitbit sync. My watch gets messages from. Messenger and text regularly .. 

Best Answer

Is it possible to post an image of your usage?

Best Answer

II don't how to bring up cpu usage. I tried googling but not much luck . I only see it when it's a pop up. 

The next time it pop up I'll screen shot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Simply_christy  evidently the newest Android 8 makes it a bit harder to find the CPU use area.

Go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Memory

You can see what is using your memory there. It's also a good thing to use the "clean now" which gives you more memory to use.

You can also check more here:

Settings > App Info > Fitbit

You can see quite a lot of information there.

If you go to Memory Usage, that shows a little more.

See if any of this helps you. Clearing cache often works. Be sure to power off your phone, wait a minute or so, then start back up.

Let us know what happens.

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- I recommend uninstalling and then re-installing the Fitbit app. Let me know if you continue to experience the issue after attempting this troubleshooting step.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy s9 that's a few months old and recently got a Versa Fitbit. My battery life was incredible when I first got the phone, and now it sucks down really rapidly and gets hot. I get a notification every day the some apps are overloading my CPU, and I click on it and it says Fitbit. I followed your suggestion, and in the Fitbit app memory usage, it says

Average memory usage 225 MG

Frequency high 98%

Max memory usage 608 MB

Then there's a bunch of Sandboxed process things.

I love my Versa, but it's killing my phone! Help! Thank you.  

Best Answer

I also just started getting this yesterday. Samsung galaxy s7 with android 8.0 and a versa. I shut off all notifications but it's still happening. Killing my battery!

Best Answer

Hi, I'm using a Fitbit Versa since one week ago.  I started receiving a message saying "Fitbit is overloading the system (CPU) and need to be closed. 

My phone is a Samsung S8 which has never presented a problem like this before. 

Phone data shows the following:

CPU: 12%

Battery consumption: 53% since last charged (this is consumption in less than three hours)

Memory: 266 MB / 2.5 GB used on average in last 3 hours

Should I force stop the App and restart the phone?

I would appreciate your help to solve this issue.

Best Answer

I have the same problem! Everything was fine then I updated my phone. Now it drains battery, gets hot and I receive that same message a few times a day!

Best Answer

I got this also lately. I have Samsung S8 and with Android 8.0.0. My phone's battery is draining really fast...

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me

Samsung s7. Just got oreo over the weekend. Fitbit Versa. 

Getting the notification that the app is overloading my system at least twice a day. Battery dying quickly and my phone gets super hot. 

Relieved to find this post!

Best Answer

Same problem here, Samsung S7 Edge.  I noticed the phone was very sluggish and hot and I started getting the same CPU message as the OP.  Checked the memory usage and it was marked as "high."  I would try to charge my phone with a non-high-speed charger and it would actually lose battery charge.  Also noticed that the app was using over 200M of cellular data per day!  This was reported in a different post as well (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Mobile-data-usage-increased/td-p/2813906).  Where are the Fitbit message board monitors?  Hopefully they have a response to this!

Best Answer
I uninstalled the app, restarted my phone then installed the app and I have
been 13 hours problem free
Best Answer
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and have yet to experience the
issue again. Maybe give that a go.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reinstalled the app yesterday after it was suggested and so far so good. I'll update if it does it again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed the advice on this thread of uninstalling the Fitbit app and
installing the 2.72 apk. We'll have to stick with the old version until
Fitbit resolves the issue.
Best Answer

I also just started getting this notification several times today. I kept pressing the prompt to 'stop' the app, yet my phone battery still went from full to dead in only a matter of a few hours. Currently trying to recharging my Galaxy S8+ right now, and my FitBit device is also the new Versa. I really hope this gets fixed quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please see the banner on top of this page, 

Best Answer