Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing rejected by Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and it won't allow my phone to pair with the bluetooth.  I've tried restarting the phone, deleting the app and then reinstalling.  I get a code and sync my phone but then it won't pair.  Please help.

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I was excited too to see the firmware update. But I have the same problem.  Since it won't connect, there is no way for me to the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze use to connect to Bluetooth, but for months now it hasn't. I need this feature because I have other apps that pull this info and without it, it will not receive my step count and I can't manually add the steps to the other programs! SO therefore, for me, it is Important for it to sync using Bluetooth!

I have shut it down, disconnected it, readded it and NOTHING works!

And receiving notifications is a hit and miss. Sometimes yes, most of the time, a BIG no, as in NOT receiving! Again, whereas, I used to receive all calls, fb notifications, IM notifications and Email when I had it set to receive.

Evidently this is a problem! No, Im not a happy camper and these things cost too much for them not to function as it is stated they should. Not only that, I don't think I should have to repeatedly disconnect and reconnect so frequently to get it to try to work! It's ridiculous.

Best Answer

I have an HTC 10 and ran through the same issues with not pairing and saying "rejected by blaze".  Here is what ended up happening, I spent a whole day trying to figure out how to get notifications to work, on the Bluetooth screen "Blaze" would come up but not connect and the "Blaze classic" always appeared but that is for music only.  When I would do a test notification in the fitbit app it would actually send the test call and work and when someone called it worked but I wasn't getting text notifications.  Long story short after trying every single fix I've found online what ended working that made it so that I could get notifications was changing my default sms app to the one that came with the phone (messenger+), I was using the "go sms go" because I liked the pretty backgrounds.  So even though I now get text notifications if you look under the Bluetooth screen it still states that "Blaze" isn't connected.  And honestly I don't think the Bluetooth has anything to do with it because I have had 2 other fitbit devices and they never showed up under the Bluetooth section and they worked perfectly.  Hopefully this helps someone and they don't spend a day trying to figure out how to get text notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I already have mine set to messenger+. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. Just like, most of the time it doesn't show my phn calls. I'm abt sick of Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I read somewhere that if it works sometimes then turning on the "enable notification widget" is supposed to make it better. I wasn't getting text notifications at all but when I would "send a test notification" it would always work so I knew there was some type of connection and just needed to find out where the block was. My friend that also has a blaze states that many of his problems are solved by removing the blaze from his account and then logging out of his account (fitbit account), restarting phone and then logging back in and adding the device as new and make sure that once it's added on that the notifications is "on" one the blaze, for some reason it's known to turn itself off- to check push the top right button for 2 seconds and the screen will show if notifications is on. When I was playing with this thing I noticed that it turns off often, definitely if you actually shut down the blaze, its usually off once you turn it back on. I was definitely thinking of returning it but since I new there was communication with the device since the "test notification" worked, I was determined to try everything. I don't know if any of this helps but I appreciated the people who posted what they had done so that I could try it, so I posted how I ended up getting mine to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have mine on classic, but still not getting any form of notifications... HELP ME! I'm going crazy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, i recently purchsed the blaze, this is also happening to me. I am unable to view any notifications on my blaze, amd when i try pair the BT it tells me that pairing was rjected by blaze. Someone please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, i recently purchsed the blaze, this is also happening to me. Ive read all the trouble shooting posts for notifications however I am still unable to view any notifications on my blaze, and when i try pair the BT it tells me that pairing was rjected by blaze. Someone please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have the S8? I was having issues with my Blaze and BT in my car until I received a software update yesterday. My updates happen automatically. If yours don't, then check for updates under settings. If you don't have an S8 you may consider contacting your cell provider publicly on Twitter. I did that 24 hours ago on Samsung's Twitter page and 14hrs later I had an update....it could be a coincidence or it could be they don't want a PR nightmare since this issue has gone on for 7 months or so. Either way, I'm happy I can now receive notifications on my Blaze again and the audio no longer skips in my car. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue with S8. Rejecting pairingno matter what I do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did all the recommended steps, but S8+ still rejected pairing. 

After my phone finds the tracker, it sends me to a  "Not Working?" page, and asks if I want to try again. And it keeps repeating this over and over again.

I was able to pair my blaze with my tablet, so not sure why it won't pair with my S8+.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I said to heck with it. Sold my fitbit on eBay and bought a Polar. No problems pairing there!

Best Answer

After I received a software  update on my S8 all the pairing problems went away with my Blaze and also the issue with Bluetooth and playing music via my phone. It appears the glitch truly is a Samsung software/Bluetooth issue and not a Fitbit issue. Like I stated in my previous post, I complained on Samsung's Twitter page and w/in 12hrs I received the update to my phone that fixed my pairing issues. Coincidence, perhaps. But I suggest going to Samsung's support page and Twitter page and see if you get the same results as I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Android users! I was reading your posts and I saw you are expirincg issues with your Blaze to receive notifications.

If you have a Galaxy S8 and a Blaze tracker:

Note that we are aware of some issues on the Samsung side that reduce Blaze's ability to connect with the S8. These issues affect several Bluetooth devices from other manufacturers as well and users will need to wait for Samsung to release an update which resolves this underlying issue just like @NN74 has been mentioning in previous posts. For more details please take a look at to the details of our last update regarding this issue: Notifications not showing on blaze from galaxy S8/S8+.

Now if you tracker is different and the mobile phone is not an S8, make sure the mobile phone model is listed as compatible. Additionally, our troubleshooting guide might be of your help too for this issues: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a ZTE phone.  My blaze use to be able to sync with it, as early as 9:30am today.  After I recharged my Blaze, it will no longer sync.    I tried several trouble shooting steps and still no luck.   The Blaze will pair under the Blaze (Classic) device,  but thats only for music.      When I attempt to pair under just Blaze,  my phone gets a message "Pairing rejected by Blaze".

Is this device no broken?  why would it just stop working ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whay exactly dis toi write To Samsung?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After experiencing the same frustrating issues described by so many users, I tried re-booting my HTC U11 Android phone. Upon re-start, the phone/app was able to find my Blaze, connect and sync. Not sure if this will help others but definitely worth a try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes