Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing rejected by Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and it won't allow my phone to pair with the bluetooth.  I've tried restarting the phone, deleting the app and then reinstalling.  I get a code and sync my phone but then it won't pair.  Please help.

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hello @JeffN00, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was able to see on your Community profile as a paired device a Blaze tracker. I'm wondering how it goes, is the issue still persisting?

In case it does, I recommend to give it a try to the instructions of this post. You'll see the scenario is quite different but the steps can be apply to the issue you are experiencing.

Once you have restarted the app and clear the cache, try to restart your Blaze. Instructions to do this can be found here.

Give it a try and follow the setup workflow one more time.

Keep me updated, I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my S8+. I've followed all the suggestions. It syncs, but I can't get it to connect by blue tooth. I get the message pairing rejected by blaze. I've followed all the recommendations and went so far as to start over with a 'new device' on my phone. Other options? If I can't get it back to factory settings then how do I get it to pair? Thank you.

Best Answer

I just got the 8 plus and the blaze and I can't get notifications to sync and the blaze doesn't show up in Bluetooth and if it does it won't connect unless classic and then it's input only. I had the charge 2 and it worked just fine with this device. Is my blaze broken? 

Best Answer

Hello @rquattro welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. Also thank you for joining us @Jerebetty.

In your scenarios I was reading you are able to sync but the pairing with Bluetooth is rejected. It's important to clarify the Fitbit tracker does not sync as a regular Bluetooth device, so there is no need to use the Bluetooth settings of your phone for the purpose of syncing information.

Now if you are not receiving notifications this is different. Since the Galaxy S8/S8+ has just been listed as compatible, we are still working in a few things to ensure its full compatibility. It wouldn't hurt to try the following suggestions: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Thank you for all your patience while we work to improve the Fitbit experience.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact problem too. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Same issues, and same problems with notifications. Fitbit has yet to address this issue. In another forum people are coming forward left and right but they give us just the standard answers. I've tried everything -- literally -- multiple times, to no avail. I'm considering selling my blaze and leaving Fitbit in lieu of a Samsung smartwatch if this isn't fixed in the next week. They list the S8 as compatible BUT IT IS NOT.

Best Answer

I am also considering changing to Samsung smartwatch. It is absolutely ridiculous that Fitbit can't figure out the problem. Phone has been out long enough that this problem should have been solved already. I am sick of not getting any answers. "We are working on it" is getting really old. Total junk!

Best Answer

I am having the same issues as the previous users. I have tried all suggestions and recommendations made. This post has been issued for almost 2 months now, has Fitbit fixed the issue? If not, how soon will we be able to receive notifications on the Samsung 8?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see why they are apathetic and slow on this: some people are somehow able to sync and receive notifications while others of us are left out to dry; it's not affecting 100% of their market.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My blaze suddenly started syncing about 5 weeks ago. I didn't do any updates or anything to it, had basically given up on having it sync at all and then suddenly POOF! It was working! No clue as to why.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @shernellel. I was reading your posts and I noticed some of you are having issues with notifications with the new Samsung Galaxy S8.

Is pertinent to share with all of you our latest update about some of the issues that includes the notifications issues discussed here. Please take a look to this post: Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.

@rquattro I'm glad to hear you are back on track and thank you for sharing with us you are not experiencing this issue anymore.

See you later and for more questions stay tuned to the Fitbit Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a hard time with this explanation. When I chat, Fitbit tells me they are working on it and hope to have the issue resolved in the near future. Just seems like it the problem is being passes back and forth. It is hard for me to believe that if Fibit is smart enough to do all the calculations for a great product...why can't they figure this out? I have no Bluetooth problems at all with my S8, except with the Fibit.

Best Answer

Hello, 

Amazingly it started working out of the blue. I didn't do anything at all. One morning I woke up after my Blaze started vibrating and it showed that I had an incoming call. It was the weirdest thing. 

I hope they figure out what's going on though because it's very frustrating. These devices aren't cheap and there doesn't seem to be any urgency to fix the issue.

Best Answer

Have you actually seen a verified person respond that it has worked for them?  I'm wondering if the few posts are plants, and I feel that Fitbit is telling us 'some users' as a way to placate us.

Best Answer

Hi Wanda..it actually did start working out of the blue. I don't work for Fitbit and I don't have any affiliation with them other than being a pissed off customer for the first month after I got the Blaze and the notifications were not working.  I wish I could tell you what I did to get it to work, but I did absolutely nothing. It just started working one morning 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great. (Sarcasm). So.... there's a fitbit update. Since my device won't pair, however, the update refuses to go through. It keeps on telling me there is a Bluetooth issue yet my Bluetooth is on and I've tried all the troubleshooting that's been offerred. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I actually do appreciate knowing that. I normally highly recommend the blaze, but just upgraded phones and was surprised and disappointed they would say it's compatible at this stage. This gives me hope. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From the fitbit, you have to go into settings and change bluetooth to classic. Worked like a charm for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's my understanding that Bluetooth classic is only for music and doesn't affect the notifications in any way. Mine will connect with Bluetooth classic but won't pair with the blaze itself. 

Best Answer