Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up NOT Quite new tracker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The glass screen on my 3.5 yr old ONE splintered  while sitting in the sun while I swam.  It still tracks, just has a broken  screen. 

My husband has a Fitbit account and ONE that is almost brand new.  He recently passed away.   How do I deactive the ONE from his account and switch it to my account?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Robin-H, I'm really sorry for your lost. Is not require to deactivate the previous account. You just need to set up as a new device on your account and the tracker will start from scratch as soon is paired on your account. To set up your tracker may vary according to the device you are using. In my case I use Android and if you have one too maybe the following video may provide you additional information.

https://youtu.be/eNbozxFz3oA

Remember that you are an existing user so you need to set up the tracker doing the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
  4. If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Let me know if I can help you in something else and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hello @Robin-H, don't worry about it Robot Very Happy

Once you set up the tracker on your account it should not retain the previous history. Besides this the tracker will apply your account settings, so is not require do to a factory reset.

Keep me posted how it goes. I'm here to assist you.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @Robin-H, I'm really sorry for your lost. Is not require to deactivate the previous account. You just need to set up as a new device on your account and the tracker will start from scratch as soon is paired on your account. To set up your tracker may vary according to the device you are using. In my case I use Android and if you have one too maybe the following video may provide you additional information.

https://youtu.be/eNbozxFz3oA

Remember that you are an existing user so you need to set up the tracker doing the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
  4. If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Let me know if I can help you in something else and let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
Do I need to do a reset of his device to clear out his information?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Robin-H. No, in your case its not require to do a restart. When you set up the tracker on your account it will automatically grab your account settings and will start as a new device. The restart works better for errors in the internal software of the tracker and it wont clear previous data saved on it.

Let me know if you have more questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I guess I meant a factory reset.....? Not a restart.
If I set it up on my account won't the tracker retain his history?

Sorry, don't mean to be dense....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Robin-H, don't worry about it Robot Very Happy

Once you set up the tracker on your account it should not retain the previous history. Besides this the tracker will apply your account settings, so is not require do to a factory reset.

Keep me posted how it goes. I'm here to assist you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry,  was out of town for a few days.

It appears I have just successfully set up my husbands ONE as mine.  Thank you.  

Best Answer