Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone problem

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I absolutely love the Fitbit app and I bought the Ionic Smartwatch. It does not work with my phone (Droid maxx 2) so I was wondering if anybody has a recommendation on a phone that will work well with the FitBit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I see you have already researched this.

I looked around a bit and it seems that the Droid Maxx 2 is the same thing as Moto X Play (unfortunately also not in supported list), but I did find a post where someone had figured out an issue with its Bluetooth. This was for syncing so might not help you but maybe related.

In Moto X Play sync issues thread, scroll down to the post by @sweetcw to see if that might help you. I note 4 people did find that post helpful.

And/or you might try a new post titled by phone name, Droid Maxx 2 or Moto X Play, asking if anyone has same phone, to compare their experiences.

Or maybe you just will need a new phone (or give up notifications).

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @tracylg1. I’m personally a big fan of the iPhones. Everyone seems to develop for them since there are so many out there. But tap here to check to see if other phones you’re  considering are supported. 

Best Answer

Does any part of it work with your phone?  What does not work?  Several phones not on the list do work but have just not been tested yet, or at least work except for certain features.  It's just that I would hate for someone to buy a new phone just for this if it wasn't truly necessary.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
The Bluetooth on my phone keeps turning off and so I cannot receive the on-screen notifications from my phone to my Fitbit Ionic. I talked to one of the agents at Fitbit and he said it doesn't seem likely that receiving notifications would work with my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see you have already researched this.

I looked around a bit and it seems that the Droid Maxx 2 is the same thing as Moto X Play (unfortunately also not in supported list), but I did find a post where someone had figured out an issue with its Bluetooth. This was for syncing so might not help you but maybe related.

In Moto X Play sync issues thread, scroll down to the post by @sweetcw to see if that might help you. I note 4 people did find that post helpful.

And/or you might try a new post titled by phone name, Droid Maxx 2 or Moto X Play, asking if anyone has same phone, to compare their experiences.

Or maybe you just will need a new phone (or give up notifications).

Best Answer
Thank you for your help. Ultimately what I will end up doing is troubleshooting until I find another phone.  I can use these tips until then but I have other apps that I need to have on my phone like weight watchers.  Either that or keep my fingers crossed fitbit adds the droid maxx 2 to supported devices. Either way I thank you for your answer and help with this issue.
Best Answer

UPDATE: I bought the Droid turbo so it will be more compatible. It still didn't help I get phone calls and notifications very sporadically. I'm so disappointed in Fitbit.

Best Answer