Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 - Alta HR text notification issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a pixel 2 a couple weeks ago, my phone shows that there is no blue tooth connection but my Alta HR tracks my steps and I can see them on the app so I guess it is working? Only receive notifications on my Alta for phone calls though, not texts. I've tried everything I can think of to get texts to come through but nothing has worked, has anyone gotten around this? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @SeriousJoker72, good to see you here in the Fitbit Community, welcome aboard! In this case the Pixel 2 still is not listed as compatible. At this point the phone is being tested or it won't be compatible. However this is information we do not poses as moderators with the intention to not create false expectations with our users. 

Now keep in mind even if a mobile device is not listed as compatible doesn't mean it won't work, the only difference is we cannot guarantee all the features will be supported. Also is important to mention the Fitbit app is the one that enables the connection between your tracker and your phone, so just matter to have your Bluetooth On for this to work. In your case you are seeing your steps in your Dashboard which mean your tracker is syncing.

If the text notifications are not working, it might be due to the same reason of compatibility. Nonetheless it would not hurt to try the following steps: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for future updates!

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Hopefully we get a solution soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually started using Textra (free from the android app store) instead of the default SMS app and while sometimes it doesn't go through quickly I would say 90% of the time my Fitbit notifies me of messages I receive there. Its not perfect but it's the best solution/work around I could find. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeriousJoker72,

I just checked the Pixel 2 that arrived today. It shows no Bluetooth devices connected, yet I watch the Fitbit app complete a Sync. When I turn off Bluetooth, the app complains, letting me know that I need to turn Bluetooth on.

This looks to me like an issue with Android, not Fitbit. I find it curious though. I'll need to observe this when I connect my headset.

Have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @robinjoy0618@SeriousJoker72 and @Goosse1962. My apologies for not posting anything lately after the holidays. 

@robinjoy0618 you have posted a few weeks ago and I'm wondering how it goes? Have you tried any of the solutions listed on this thread? Rest assure we are working to add more options to our list of compatible devices.

@SeriousJoker72, thank you for your suggestions, I'm sure this will help other user who might be experiencing something similar.

@Goosse1962, regarding your question, this is not a glitch from your Android or from your Fitbit app. Note that the operational process to sync your tracker is not through your Bluetooth settings, but through your Fitbit app. You'll see listed your tracker in your Bluetooth settings when is require to use Bluetooth classic. This is basically used with call/text notification or music control, but it will depend of the tracker if support these features though.

See you later and stay tuned for more content.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine actually started working fine a few days later without me changing
anything. I did discover that if my phone is on "do not disturb" the Fitbit
doesn't get notifications either.
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the past two days my Alta hr stopped getting text notifications from my pixel 2 (which was working fine before). I've tried restarting, uninstalling Fitbit, etc. Any other ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Nunes, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for mentioning you tried some troubleshooting steps already.

My apologies for the late response and I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting? There has been release a new version of the Fitbit app for Android, which I'm sure you already installed. So following that, I recommend to try to reset your app:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

In addition as a matter of review, refer to this post for more help.

Hope you have resolved this issue by now. See you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I did notice it started working again, must have been the update!
Best Answer