Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 in reboot cycle with Fitbit android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I installed the Fitbit app on my pixel 3.  It went into a reboot cycle I had a hard time getting out of. Since that was the last thing I installed I removed it and get back in.  Come to find out it is not compatible?!?! ETA on when this will be fixed? My kids and I all received fitbits for Christmas and we are looking forward to tracking our progress.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Not sure why your Pixel 3 experienced this behavior. I have the Fitbit app installed on my Pixel 3 and have never seen this behavior. (Installed the app the day I received my Pixel 3 which was at release - so two months now?)

Have you rooted your Pixel 3 or performed any other deviations from a default operation?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't rooted. I'm now suspecting it is bluetooth related. I had to forget the 3 fitbits devices my phone had paired. How many devices do you sync on with your pixel? I have 2 Ace and 1 Versa.

Thanks!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I only have a single Fitbit device (an Ionic) that syncs to my Pixel 3. But I also sync a Garmin FR645 and use Bluetooth to two separate vehicles and wireless earbuds.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a bunch of other devices too. I'm going to try adding just my versa and see if that works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @SoloVey. Hello @sfringer.

Let me help you figure out what is going on.

The first thing I'd like to mention is that the Pixel 3 is now a supported device. You can check that by clicking here.

Has the situation continued after you tried with only the Versa? Having said that it shouldn't have anything to do.

It could be related to where it was installed. Do you install the apps on the phone's internal storage or on an external drive? Whatever the case please try to do the installation in the opposite and see if that lets you run the app normally.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
https://www.fitbit.com/devices does not list Pixel 3 (this is where I got that information).

With just the Versa connected, so far so good. I'll add the kids Aces back this weekend.

Fitbit Supported Devices
See which Fitbit tracker and app features are supported on your iOS, Android or Windows tablet or smartphone.
www.fitbit.com
Best Answer