Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch: Fitbit to Google Fit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got the Pixel Watch today, the watch seems to force you to install Fitbit to use the heart rate monitor. I've used Google Fit since the first Moto 360 and am really not interested in switching. 

I've seen some paid apps but wanted to see if there was an easy way to just forward all the data to Fit before I return it.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cryptyk wrote:

Just install Google fit on the watch. It will track your heart rate, steps, etc. 

I tried it, Google Fit will track the heart rate only during manually started workouts.

The continuous background heart rate tracking does NOT work in Google Fit, i.e. the Google Fit app can't directly access the data.

(Everything else seems to work just fine though, including steps and automatic workout detection. It's just that you won't get heart rate reports for automatically detected workouts in Google Fit.)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Not sure if it's against forum rules, but I'm using the android FitToFit (syncs Fitbit to Google Fit) app. As far as I know it's donation based not a payed app. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

I don't think any app will allow you to Sync Heart Rate data to FitBit unfortunately, just zones, and time period.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just install Google fit on the watch. It will track your heart rate, steps, etc. You don't NEED to use Fitbit on this watch... It's just pre-installed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cryptyk wrote:

Just install Google fit on the watch. It will track your heart rate, steps, etc. 

I tried it, Google Fit will track the heart rate only during manually started workouts.

The continuous background heart rate tracking does NOT work in Google Fit, i.e. the Google Fit app can't directly access the data.

(Everything else seems to work just fine though, including steps and automatic workout detection. It's just that you won't get heart rate reports for automatically detected workouts in Google Fit.)

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions. I've chosen to return the watch as it doesn't meet my needs and the workflow/requirements to use Fitbit's app are just too cumbersome. 

Best Answer

Te-ai grăbit să îl dai . In câteva săptămâni sau luni ,va fi un super ceas datorita actualizărilor . 

Best Answer
0 Votes