Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update (8/8/17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/19/2017: 

Hi, Samsung users! It's great to hear you are backing to syncing your Fitbit trackers. Since many of you have confirmed the newest Samsung update for Verizon users on a Samsung Galaxy S5 resolved this syncing issue, I'm going to close this thread.

Please check out this link here on the Verizon website: Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Software Update. They state this update included:

• A fix where the device was unable to connect/pair with some Bluetooth devices.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation while a fix was put in place. If you are not a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and were not affected by the update from 8/8/17, then give our standard troubleshooting suggestions a try. If anything new pops up in the future, please make sure to open a new topic. 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/2017: 

Samsung has released a new system update that contains a fix for this syncing/pairing Bluetooth issue from the last update. If you see the update available for your device, please update your phones. Let me know how it goes! I will be around. 

Fitbit Update: 09/07/2017:

Hey, Samsung users! Thanks so much for patiently waiting while our team investigates this problem with the last Samsung OS update from 8/8/17. I really appreciate the cooperation and willingness to help from everyone. The investigation is still ongoing and continues to be top-priority for our engineers. Thanks for your help while they work hard to have a fix soon! 

Fitbit Update: 08/24/2017:

Thanks to everyone who has added additional responses! At this point, we have gathered enough information for our engineers to research. It is no longer necessary to provide information about your Android Device/Network. Thanks so much for your cooperation as the Android team keeps investigating what caused this syncing issue with the Samsung update. I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Fitbit Update: 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Android users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Fitbit Update: 08/10/2017:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this syncing issue since the Android update from 8/8. Our team is currently investigating and I will provide an update when I have information available. In the meantime, I recommend syncing with another mobile device, or through a computer. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1,284 REPLIES 1,284

Last night my flex 2 stopped syncing. Now my phone will not even see the flex 2 on my Bluetooth? I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 6 weeks of my Fitbit and my Galaxy S5 not syncing, last night I did a manual search on my phone for system update and my Android Galaxy S5 did a system update and now today my Fitbit synced for the first time since early August.

Best Answer

No luck! I even tried to sync with another phone. It is not discoverable while scanning for new devices.

Best Answer

How do you reboot the fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plug your FitBit into the charger and press the button for about 20 seconds.  You should see the screen go dark and then a message scroll across.

Best Answer

I have an S4 Note and there is no update. I don't plan on buying another phone anytime soon. I am very disappointed in Samsung. 

Best Answer

How? Yes I'm lost without mine...

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did it! Thanks very much. Now I can get on with my life...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was 8th August the app updated and hasnt been syncing since and says tracker not found.. And won't find the fit bit. It syncs through my laptop.  I have galaxy s4 and my phone is updated and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest app and still doesnt work. 

Best Answer

Wahoo!! Samsung just release a new update and my fitbit now syncs with my phone again!! Hooray!! 

Best Answer

Yes!  Finally working.  And a Samsung fix no less.  I stand corrected on who needed to fix the issue.  Glad it was resolved at last.  

Best Answer

I think I'm getting closer.  My Blutooth is at least recognizing my Flex, however, when I click in to sync, I get "Can't communicate with FitBit."  Hopefully, I'm getting close.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have Samsung 5 and Flex.  Last Thursday (14th) I did a manual update to my phone.  Found the Flex but would not sync.  Friday afternoon I look at my phone and it is showing a FitBit message that I am almost to goal.  Over 24 hours and it had somehow miraculously synced without me doing anything more??  May not happen for you but be patient it may...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pixel running 8.0 with Charge HR.  Continued sync issues I never had before getting Oreo.  Tried everything...a few times it has worked only to go back to it not working the next day.

Tried regular reset, factory reset, unpairing, re-pairing (most of the time it won't re-pair), uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Never have had one hint of an issue before.

Now sometimes it will pair and then sync but the data doesnt go thru to server. Shows steps but device says it hasn't synced.  

Starting to worry the device could be going bad but seeing everyone else's issues makes me think otherwise. 

Best Answer

Hi Aless!

While I'm so happy for many that are experiencing success with the updates Samsung is rolling out, it has been made clear that Samsung is not going to roll out updates for models such as the Note 4. They've stated that they are outdated (although I just made my last payment on it 2 months ago) and no updates will be made. So those of us with the Note 4 are stuck with a glorified pedometer in our Fitbit.

With this knowledge, I ask that your company please remove these phones as "compatible devices". Fitbit is well aware that they are not and this is misleading the consumer and false advertising.

Best Answer

Thank you for putting pressure on Samsung to fix this!  Finally got my fitbit one to sync with my Samsung S5 tonight.Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung update came on my Galaxy S5 by Verizon tonight, syncing finally happened. I'm back in business. If you haven't received the OTA update go to settings and see if you can manually update the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 does not want to sync too after the last update. I am using android. My phone is xiaomi mi5s plus. Been using fitbit for 5 years now and this is the first problem ever. Please assist or give is an old version to carry on 

Best Answer

This morning after update my S5 with the latest, Fitbit is working again!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you are on the pairing mode on your fitbit.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes