Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

The Android app recently updated, and I noticed this morning that the multi-tracker option is not working. At one point my Alta HR showed around 8.0K steps, and then after being upstairs near my Charge 2, it went back to 3.5K. I assume that the latest app update did something to effect how the data syncs from different trackers. Anyone else having issues?

Best Answer

The issue must have started Thursday (yesterday) since the app is saying I only got 2929 steps for the day. I also notice the app not syncing smoothly and the tiles jump around while recalculating.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I switch between a Charge 2 and an old Charge most days.  Beginning June 1st, the app is only showing me the steps from my Charge 2 instead of the total from both like it used to do. 

It is successfully syncing with the old Charge because sometimes I will see the app show that step count for a few seconds and then the (lower) Charge 2 step count overwrites it. 

I even tried using my computer to do the sync, but I am still only seeing the Charge 2 step count, so it might be system-wide and not just the app. 

Dear Fitbit, please fix this so that we get credit for all of our steps!

Best Answer

Same problem.  Android, Charge HR, and Charge 2 with the Charge 2 overriding the Charge HR. Steps show correctly from both trackers on graphs in app and on web but totals are only from Charge 2.  Fitbit customer service put ticket in yesterday afternoon for me but not sure what that means.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue when switching between the Charge 2 and Flex 2.  I lost over 10,000 on my daily count 6-3-17

Best Answer

I have 2 fibits and the app isn't adding the steps. It erases one when I sync the other fitbit. I wear one to work and one the other times. I work in an oily environment and I don't want to wear my new fitbit to work

Best Answer

I am having same issue since update. I wear Flex 2 all day then switch to Charge 2 when I go work out and when I sync the Charge 2 after work out. It erases all steps from Flex 2 with what is on Charge2. Had no issue with doing that before update.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I wear my Charge 2 most of the day and use the Flex 2 when I go into the pool since it's waterproof. Got out of the pool today and had over 8k steps, the 250 for the hour, and added active minutes. That flashed on the dashboard for a few seconds and then I watched that drop back down to the number that was on the Charge 2. It even changed the data on the Flex 2 tracker as well. I mean, I know what I did, but I'd like the data to reflect that. Is there a fix? 

Best Answer

When I talked with Fitbit customer support, they said they are aware of the issue, and it should be fixed with the next app update. While waiting, only use one tracker, and remove the other one from your account.

Best Answer

I'm at work wearing my Alta. I had 11,000 + steps. I just went to sync my tracker and phone. My tracker dropped back to 8000+ steps !!!! Before my eyes. I'm so frustrated.....

Best Answer

Same here. Flex2 and AltaHR. Losing all data from flex2 when I get home and sync. I don't wear the Alta at work, just the flex. Help!!!!

Best Answer

Yes. I have contacted fitbit by phone twice. They know about it, but still happening today.  I lost almost all my steps again today. Hope they get it resolved soon 

Best Answer

Yes. I have an Alta and Charge 2. Not syncing correctly,  losing steps ehen i switch devices

Best Answer

I'm losing on average of 10k steps a day, although I'm putting the steps back in manually (and it's an approx guess) I've noticed that my friends board isn't totaling either!

Hopefully it can be resolved soon as there's nothing more demoralizing than seeing your steps disappear over night.

Best Answer
Thanks for the reply! I'm still losing my whole day worth of steps too. You mentioned entering the steps manually. How are you able to do that? I wondered if that was possible but didn't see a way. I have Alta HR and Flex 2 devices. Let me know, if you have some time to reply. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

You can add steps manually change the computer (not the phone app). Go to log -> Activities -> scroll down. You can add miles or change the value to steps

Best Answer

The same situation happened to me today whiched caused me to loose 5000 steps!! I wore my Alta HR all day and had over 9000 steps, as soon as enter the room where my Charge 2 it went down to 4500. The recent app update must have something to do with this because I never had this issue before.

Best Answer

I use the charge for my workouts and everyday use because it tracks heart rate & stairs. I like how it shows peak, cardio & fat burn min. However, I switch to the Flex 2 for swimming and pool workouts. This is frustrating to be told only use one. (Charge cant be used while swimming & Flex 2 doesnt do heart rate). Please tell me this will be fixed SOON. Plus it messes up challenges.

Best Answer

Also noticed when you clixk on your steps and the graph pops up with how many steps you did and when...all the steps are there when you add them up. Why is it so hard for the app to do the math?

Best Answer