Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "App needed to use this device" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having the same problem. Won't stay paired with my note20. Don't get calls or texts when it was paired. Doesn't sink up with my myfitness app. This thing sucks. Wish I had sprung for the Samsung watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Charm1 

🤞Maybe I can help. Let’s first check to ensure your Samsung Note 20 is compatible with the Fitbit App. You can check here: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices. If you are compatible please make sure your phone is updated with its latest update if needed before following the directions below. (I apologize for the long instructions but I wanted to have clarity) 

Open your Fitbit App then tap your profile picture. Now scroll down to the name of your Fitbit Device and tap it. Next scroll down and tap notifications. (Accept any permissions if any pop up) Disable all your notifications…email, text messages and calendar events. Now while on the same page tap App Notifications and disable them all. Sync your Fitbit tracker to accept the changes you made. Now log out of the Fitbit App, turn off your Bluetooth and restart your phone. 

Once your phone restarts turn your Bluetooth back on then log into the Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password. Tap your profile picture and again scroll down and tap notifications and enable all notifications (email, text messages and calendar events) Again while on the same page tap App notifications and enable them making sure the correct apps are enabled. Now sync your Fitbit Tracker. 

Now go to your Fitbit watch watch and swipe to get to settings. Make sure that Do Not Disturb and sleep mode are turned off. Make sure the watch is set to vibrate. Then go back to the app and sync. After you sync send yourself a text message as a test.

😃I really hope this works for you and gets things up and running again. Please let me know how it goes and if this provides you with an answer to your current issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes