Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart phone to enable notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit app says that my notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker. This is for my Versa I'm using with my Samsung Galaxy S 8. I have restarted my phone too many times to really keep track. Still not working. I have tried all troubleshooting solutions. Still not working. Not sure what's going on. But I have tried everything through all the other post that have solutions. Still not work. I do not what to do at this point.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Have you excluded the Fitbit app within then battery optimisation settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Notifications keep failing, requiring a restart. However, restarting the phone doesn't solve the issue - the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit application, but this is only a temporary fix as the notification service fails again shortly after.

I've taken your advice and excluded the app from battery optimisation, so we'll see if that works. Thanks for the tip.

Best Answer

I can't be sure but I honestly think that it all comes to a not that ...good series of 3.x versions of the Fitbit app.
Some people have found solution by switching to older versions and specifically v. 2.95.
If you know how to find and download it from a reliable site (google fitbit 2.95 mirror) you could try it and see how it goes until they release a reliable 3.x version. Mind you, though, 2.95 version might not support Versa 2 !

Furthermore this might help:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Plus/m-p/3765885/highlight/true#M1146...

Best Answer

Didn't work. My notifications just failed again.

This thing just doesn't seem to work. I'm going to send it back and get something better I think.

Best Answer
Same here, nothing has been working
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner 
Have you tried with version 2.95 of the Fitbit app ?

Best Answer

How would you go abouts doing that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i don't think it will help to send it back. it's not the fitbit itself..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, sorry, not for a replacement. I'm just going to get it refunded. The software is fundamentally non-functional which means I can't use the watch as intended. I'm going to send it back, get a refund and get something else instead.

Best Answer

The only issue with 2.95 is whether it will work with the Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, thank you for your help. It's appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes