Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge Connection Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Alta HR today and have been spending the last few hours just trying to connect it to my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, but so far I've had no luck. When I go to set up my tracker the app will find the device and ask me to enter the numbers that appear on my tracker's display. Once I enter the numbers though, I end up with the app saying that it's connecting and it has a spinning wheel. This continues on until the connection process eventually times out and tells me to try again. I've tried resetting my tracker, turning my Bluetooth off and on again, turning my phone off and on, force stopping the Fitbit app and restarting it, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app (I followed all the steps on this page: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ASyncing&p=alta_hr&fs=Sea... )

So any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

UPDATE:

So I own a Samsung tablet as well and ended up installing the Fitbit app on there and my tracker connected right away and began updating. So the problem lies with the S7 Edge and its Bluetooth, which after researching online is a fairly known issue. When I turn my phone's wi-fi off I'm able to connect to my tracker and sync, so I guess I'll go look to see if there's any fixes for that. Otherwise I'll just turn my wi-fi off if I want to force it to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2nd UPDATE:

So I remembered I had an old pair of bluetooth headphones and decided to hook it to my phone to see if it actually is an issue between the wifi and bluetooth running at the same time; and it's not. I was able to steam music using my wifi while having it play through the bluetooth headphones with no interruptions. So at this point I'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue with the Fitbit app and my phone or something else entirely.

Best Answer
0 Votes