Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Fitbit Battery Drain and CPU Overload

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S8 with a Fitbit Versa. 

I keep getting errors from Device Maintenance stating the Fitbit App is overloading CPU and must be closed. 

My battery is also getting drained like hell but I suppose that comes with overloading the CPU. 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @borderlineblue

This is the announcement in red at the top of the Android forums fro Fitbit.

"We’re currently experiencing an issue which can cause the Fitbit app for Android to consume a large amount of mobile data, and/or increased battery drain on mobile devices. Engineers are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Read more. "

Welcome to the forums!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same issue - using Fitbit Ionic with Samsung Galaxy Note S8.. Need to shut down the app several times a day.. Hope that this issue will be fixed asap..

Best Answer

Me too.

Samsung S7 Edge.  Android 9.  Fitibit 2.73.

Phone down by 71% battey in just 2.5 hours.

I am going to have to delete this app.  It is killing my phone and making it unviable for a day at work.

Best Answer

I have a Oneplus 5T but i have the same Issue.

down 55% in 5 hours. Phone is running very hot.

Have a colleague with the same issue(Google Pixel 2). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Phone running very hot, battery dropping as I watch it. This is taking a ridiculous amount of time to fix now. I'm sure someone at Fitbit must know what they changed between the last two versions. Or is the guy that did it on holiday and they're waiting for him to get back to work? Just re-release the previous version with a different build number and let us "update" to that. I'm sure it'll be fine until they release a genuine fix. We've paid a lot of money for these devices and to not be able to use them fully because of a broken phone app is crazy.

Out of interest, how long do we have until the data on the watch is overwritten? How often do we HAVE to sync?

Best Answer

@GrumpyCyclist

This is from the Fitbit support article:

"How often should I sync my tracker or watch?

We recommend that you sync your tracker or watch daily. Most Fitbit devices record detailed minute-by-minute data for seven days. (Fitbit Alta records minute-by-minute data for five days). Fitbit devices can store daily totals for up to 30 days.

If you have a Fitbit Surge, your device can store 35 hours of GPS data before deleting some data to make room for more."

Best Answer

Hi. I too am struggling to keep my Samsung S8 alive during my working day. Getting the same Device Management warning about the Fitbit App overloading the CPU. The amount if heat being generated by the device is serious! I've had to remove it from it's case, which isn't ideal, and as the battery is also being depleted at an alarming rate, charging send the temperature of my phone sky high. Fitbit, you need to get this fixed before one explodes!

Best Answer

Hi @TonyBest

Please check out the first post in this thread, updated yesterday about the problem. click to read

Best Answer
0 Votes

So should have checked this forum sooner.  Been sucking the life out of the phone.

56% today was fitbit and I put it on standby.

However, I've uninstalled and now installed the new version.

Fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Fitbit iconic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started on Saturday.  My phone runs hot, the battery drains in 3 hours and I get the same message popping up. 

I just bought my Fitbit Versa 3 weeks ago. No issues until this past week. 

Fitbit...please fix ASAP!!

Normally a very happy customer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check out the update at the top of this post! I updated and my battery is already cool. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check out the update at the top of this post. My battery is already cool. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated as well and it's made a huge difference already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's an update!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The update appears to work. Phone doesn't feel it is about to explode, and
battery level hasn't fallen like a brick.

Hope it is still the same tomorrow, and the extra power pack isn't needed to
keep the phone alive.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has remained cool and battery level has only dropped 1% since
updating.

Good to hear yours is too!

J
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Note 8 has been doing the same CPU error message for about a week.  Draining the battery even when its charging all day. I just updated the Fitbit app so I really I hope this fixes the issue. If not, I'm gonna be livid. Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still getting this message though. Everything else has settled down.
Best Answer
0 Votes