Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A30 / A50 / A70 series compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone. 

I am aware that the new 2019 Samsung Galaxy A series phones are not listed on the compatibility list found here. However, has anybody had success connecting their A30 / A50 / A70 device to a Fitbit Versa?

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have a Samsung Galaxy A50 and it finds my Fitbit inspire HR but keeps telling me I need the Fitbit app(which is installed on my phone) to be able to sync the Fitbit with the phone. So I gave up and synced it with my iPad, but I wanted to set alarms on my Fitbit and it told me to go into the mobile Fitbit app to do this , but obviously it won't sync with my phone!!! So I don't have some of the functions up and running which is really  annoying as what's the point of having functions that you can't access. Really  really disappointed,  my family and friends told me not to buy the Fitbit wish I'd listened to them 😩

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

I  can get my new A40 to sync if I have it on All Day Sync, but am still not seeing my messages, or being alerted about calls despite double checking all the settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm facing the same issue. I have a Samsung A70. Hopefully they will fix the issue soon.

Best Answer

I has tge same with my charge 3 when i changed to a samsung A50.

Fitbit look like they aint updating any of they software for the new phones so i sold my fitbit on ebay

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problems syncing on my A50...

Best Answer

You may be able to sync your Fitbit but is it able to receive text/ call notifications from your A50? That seems to be the problem here and Fitbit won't commit to any future fix.  Apparently the same goes for the S10+ which is pretty poor considering it's one of the most popular phones today.

Nor actually sure what the problem is.  Maybe we should gripe at Samsung. 

Best Answer
Its not just samsung phones affected if you look at forum. Definitely
fitbit tech development issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Proble already fixed? Or is versa still not compatible with the A70?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having problems with the A50.

No problem with data sync, no call notifications or messages of any kind. On the point of giving up and getting a Samsung smart watch as I really miss these features that were perfectly well supported using the old A3

Best Answer

Thank you very much for your reply... i don’t understand why it is so difficult to synchronise some models... 

i really think its not okay to have to chose a smartphone in function of the smartwatch ... 😔 for now i have an iphone and everything is going super. But i don’t know if the next one will be an iphone beacuse i find the design of the 11 🤮) thats why i was looking for the A70 as he is almost as good as the flagships ... well, i will wait a little longer 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unsure sorry , I sold mine
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having same issue with the A70 it would track my sleep and steps but not sync.I uninstalled the app turned off WiFi and Bluetooth, Turned WiFi back on reinstalled app then turned on Bluetooth keeping my fingers crossed currently working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope it keeps working for you.
I managed to get mine working well for the fitness tracking, and still love the simplicity of the app, but never got it to link to my phone to pick up messages and alert me to calls. Been a Fitbit user for over 5 years, never thought a phone upgrade would make me change.
Finally bought a Samsung watch active a few weeks ago, which works beautifully and is very comfortable to wear. App not as intuitive, but I’m getting used to it. Just happy to get my smart phone functions back plus quite a few extras.

Only sorry Fitbit did not act to rectify this issue for users!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought  the A50 a couple  of weeks ago. Iam using as a tracker the Versa. I can get it connected to the phone. But I still  can't get notifications,text messages,or won't alert me  when  I  get a  call.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit just don’t seem to be doing anything to address the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine only works occasionally. Getting very frustrated as it now seems I need to delete everything and set it up from scratch every single day!  My versa is being returned this weekend,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't figure out why my A50 and Fitbit wouldn't sync, when my old Samsung phone worked fine. I went into the cellphone store and they assured me it's simply the bluetooth feature that drives this, and it should work. We went into the fitbit app and found one setting that needed to be turned on under notifications. I now get my texts and calls to my Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my fitbit synched for a month. Told my to update. Now I can't get it to synch to update. Removed from by phone. Trying to pair to my A50 and it can't find my device

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same issue....couldn't find it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My A50 will sync with my change 3 but I cant get email/text notifications is this still not compatible with the A series? It worked with S7. 

Best Answer
0 Votes