Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J5 compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey, We want to get my mother a fitbit charge for her birthday but she has a samsung galaxy J5.

This phone isnt listed on the compatibility sheet, can you confirm whether this phone will be able to use all the features of the charge - phone call alerts etc.

Thanks

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

Technically, it should work. The problem with phones not on the compatibility list is you may not be able to install a version of the Fitbit app that will support the phone. I would suggest that you try installing the app first on her phone and see if you can use the features with your Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you buy it and did it work in the end? Thinking of doing the same for a present!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lady's and gents,

I am proud to announce the answer that many users of very popular new model Samsung J5 are waiting for....

Despite some people discouraged me and tell me that Samsung J5 does not appear on devices' compatible list of fitbit I decided to acquire one Fitbit blaze and today is my 1st day with it and IT DID WORKED FINE and i CONFIRM IT IS COMPATIBLE with the FITBIT BLAZE!

YES! I can confirm that works fine every function, including MAP WITH GPS...STEPS... Whatsapp msgs... etc etc... DON't be afraid, despite no appearing on FITBIT device's list it works fine!! I CONFIRM!

So, people with Samsung J5,  YOU CAN BUY AND enjoy your FITBIT Blaze!!

(TO Fitibit Inc.... this personal research and risky action by myself ,answers to many questions in this community and I think it deserves a very special prize for me!!! hahhaha... With a fitbit Alta for my wife I would be happy :))

Regards for everyone and ENJOY!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nunopisco, it is nice to see you around the Community! Smiley Very Happy So, your Fitbit Blaze is working with your Samsung J5? and all the features as well? that sounds very awesome. I was thinking about purchasing that Samsung model and sync my Alta with it. Thank you so much for the news. I'm pretty sure other Community members will feel very excited about it!

Have a nice day!

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hello

yes, thank you !!

for the moment everything is going fine like any other Android.

best regardsss

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nunopisco, thanks for confirming that your Blaze is syncing properly with your Samsung J5. It is good to know about this update! 

If you have further questions, please let me know! 

Best Answer

hi what Fitbit do you have

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry just seen the  blaze  anyone tried with the surge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jaynemum5, it is great to see you around more often! 🙂 So do you have the Fitbit Surge and you want to know if the Samsung Galaxy J5 is compatible, right? Let me explain to you that, on the list of compatible devices, this phone model doesn't appear yet. However, you can try to setup/sync your tracker with it but keep in mind that I can't guarantee that it'll work. So give it a shot and let me know how it goes. 😉 

Catch ya' later! 

Best Answer

Wei found device and  steps info I have 14 days to see if it all works eg notifications   calls 

if not back searching for phone that will

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @jaynemum5! So in other words, is the Samsung Galaxy J5 syncing and working fine with the call and text notifications? Let me know. 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

I can't get my Charge 2 to work with this model.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @joosama, I hope you are doin' fine! Smiley Very Happy This model, the Samsung Galaxy J5 isn't a compatible device yet, however, you can try to setup/sync your Charge 2 with this phone model and it might work but I can't guarantee that it is gonna do it. In the meantime, please be patient while our team is working in order to enlarge the compatible devices list and officially includes this one. 

I will appreciate your patience and understanding. 😉 

Best Answer

HI god to know it works with the Blaze - still does not work with the Charge 2, so still check if buying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @joosama,  it is great to see you around more often! 🙂 As I have mentioned above, this phone model, the Samsung Galaxy J5 hasn't been released as a compatible device yet so I can suggest you to try to set up your Charge 2 as a new device, but I can't guarantee that it is gonna work. If you have in mind to get a Charge 2, remember that you can use any other compatible device or a computer to setup/sync your tracker. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Hi. I’ve been using a Lumia 640 for 2 years and it has worked great with MobileTrack to passively count my steps without me having to press start/stop or anything. It just used the phone’s motion data.

Upgraded to 2017 model Galaxy J5 today and downloaded the FitBit app.

The app works fine, apart from it won’t register the J5 as the device which monitors my activity. I’m sure the phone must collect the same motion data as my old phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Charlieannear, it is great to see new members around! As I mentioned above, since the Samsung Galaxy J5 isn't on the compatible devices list yet, I can't guarantee you that your Fitbit will sync with it and will work as your previous phone, however you can give it a try. 

If you have further questions, let me know! 

Best Answer

I got a FitBit Charge 2 for Christmas; unfortunately it's not compatible with my current Samsung smart phone. I am going to upgrade to a Samsung galaxy j5 2017. I know from previous posts that this phone wasn't compatible with the charge 2 however as it's a relatively new phone is fitbit working on making it compatible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @CiaraHerts, welcome aboard! May I ask what is the phone model that you currently have?

Now regarding the Samsung Galaxy J5 2017, to be honest with you, we have no specific date for this phone model to be on the list of compatible devices, however you can try to setup/sync your Charge 2 with a computer. It could be a Mac , or a Windows 10, or could also try to connect your tracker with that phone when you have it, 'cause there are a few phone models that are being testing but haven't been officially released as compatible, so you can give it a try but I can't guarantee that it is gonna work. 

Give it a try and let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes