Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J5 compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey, We want to get my mother a fitbit charge for her birthday but she has a samsung galaxy J5.

This phone isnt listed on the compatibility sheet, can you confirm whether this phone will be able to use all the features of the charge - phone call alerts etc.

Thanks

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

What about j5 prime charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @AUFIT122, I hope you are doin' fine! Smiley Happy Well it depends, 'cause this phone model, the Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime isn't on the compatible devices list, however if it meets requirements as Android 4.4 (KitKat) it is possible that you are able to setup/sync it, just keep in mind that this is something that I can't guarantee. 

If your Charge 2 still not syncing, try the following: 

- Restart your Charge 2

- Reboot the Bluetooth on your phone

- Reboot your phone

- Log out/log in to your Fitbit account

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any news on the samsung galaxy J5 (2017) already? I have the fitbit app installed on it, but syncing doesn't work properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Sami1992, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Robot LOL We don't have any updates yet about the compatibility of the Samsung Galaxy J5 with Fitbit devices. However, as I always say to the users with phone models that have not been launched as compatible devices, follow the troubleshooting in this help article: Why can't I setup my Fitbit device to complete the setup process. Or if you already did that, but is not syncing, please review this other one: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Restarting the device did the trick! Thank you so much! You can add the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) to the phones list. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Sami1992, thanks for that update! Sounds pretty great that after you restarting your Samsung Galaxy J5, your Charge 2 is syncing fine. I'm pretty sure this tip may help out other users who are experiencing the same. 

If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Best Answer

I did't restart the phone though, I restarted the Fitbit Charge HR I have. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh! Thanks for the clarification my friend @Sami1992! Keep me posted if you have further questions! 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it work with the charge 2 yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Beserker5000, welcome to the Community! This phone model, the Samsung Galaxy J5 hasn't been released as a compatible device yet, however, I've seen other users with the same issue, following the troubleshooting in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? And for some, their Charge 2 has connected. So give it a try. 😉 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a Fitbit working fine with a Samsung Galaxy J5 for 11months and it suddenly stopped syncing.  I've tried everything on the website and had two phone calls with Fitbit people to try to sort it and they've now said they can't.  This is really annoying. I was going to buy my husband one for Christmas but you can guess that isn't happening...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @marywall, welcome aboard! This phone model, this phone model that you are currently  using, the Samsung Galaxy J5 is not on the compatible devices list so I'm afraid that even if your Fitbit worked in the past, I can't guarantee that it'll keep working and that you won't experienced connectivity issues. In the meantime, you can follow the tips in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? I can't guarantee that it'll work but you can give it a try. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer

Hey @HeydyF does the fitbit charge 3 sync to a Samsung galaxy J5 pro? I currently have a charge HR that doesn't sync with my Samsung galaxy J5 pro so wanting tp upgrade to a Charge 3.

Best Answer

Hey @geejay77, I hope you are doin' fine! If your Samsung Galaxy J5 didn't work with your Charge HR, is highly unlikely that it is gonna work with your Charge 3. Until this phone model is gonna be officially released as a compatible device, I can't guarantee that it'll work with any Fitbit watch or tracker. 

Let me know if you have further questions or comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi to everyone, just a quick update I have a fitbit versa and it works just fine with my galaxy j5 2017 android phone. Hope the info helps someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Just for your information: my Charge 2 is still syncing fine with my Samsung Galaxy J5. Even after the software update my phone had a few weeks ago.

Greetings!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, @Sami1992 and @gm0grd, I hope you are fine! I appreciate the update. Sounds great that your Fitbit are working fine with your Samsung Galaxy J5. I'm pretty sure that this information will be very helpful for other users too. 

If you have further questions, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, by when will the Samsung J5 be compatible with Fitbit Charge 3? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @BelindaR, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I also want to apologize for the delay on answering your post.To be honest with you, we as moderators, don't have this information available. All I can tell you, is that our team is working in order to add more phones and tablets to be compatible with Fitbit devices. So I will ask you to be patient while they are working on this. 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi could you tell me how to recieve notifications on my fitbit blaze have tried everything and cant seem to get them my phone is a samsung j5 2017 someone else said they had this phone and recieved everything on the blaze.i have upgraded from an alta recieved everything on it thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes