Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing difficulties with Samsung S10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased my fitbit versa 2. It syncs for awhile, but doesn't continuously sync. I have needed to shutdown my phone at least twice a day for it to connect. I have the always sync on. Im sure its a user error, but im not sure what im missing.

Thanks in advance! 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Cass24, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, your effort and patience troubleshooting your device prior to posting are appreciated. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.  

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for getting back to me. It started about 5 days ago. The all day
sync is always on, however i would check it and it hadn't been connected
for hours. I would attempt to sync and it wouldn't work unless i restarted
my phone. I didn't know about holding down the today button so that helps,
but I'm a little frustrated it isn't staying connected.

Any other suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Cass24, your update is appreciated as well. My apologies for the delayed reply.

Thanks for the details that were shared in your post and for troubleshooting this situation with me. Since you tried the steps from my previous post with no avail and certainly you shouldn't have to restart your phone in order to sync your Fitbit, please try the following steps:

1. Restart your Fitbit.
  2. Please on the phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and remove all the connections that exist with the device. (Forget device, ignore or unpair depending on the version of the operating system of the phone).
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth and restart the phone. (Switch off and on again).
  4. When the mobile device is back on, turn the Bluetooth on again but do not attempt to connect to the Fitbit from here.
  5. Go on the app and try setting up the Fitbit as a new device.

I'll be around if you require further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did as you've outlined and my fitbit Versa synced for a short period of time and stopped again. I have a samsung S10. It was working fine this fall through winter and sometime after February things started to not work well. Since March it's been ridiculous, barely ever sync's. I've gone through all the recommended strategies to get it running again. Honestly I wanna break up with fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes