Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 Compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is my blaze compatible with the new S10?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Welcome to the Forums @RitchieC.

Thanks for taking the time to share your question in here.

At this time the Galaxy S10 

is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my S10 4 days ago.

So far I'm able to control the music playing apps (Amazon prime music, Google play music)

But I'm not recieving any incoming notifications on the blaze. But I also wish to preface I was not able to receive any notifications for my S8 that I traded in for the S10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sweetde80.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Congratulations on your S10! Also thanks for mentioning that music control does work and that notifications didn't work on your S8 either.

My recommendation in this case would be to try following the steps listed in this help article. Some users with phones that are not on the list have mentioned  that those steps help them get the notifications to work.

Keep me posted on how it goes.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a time frame as to when the Samsung 10S+ will be compatible with the fitbit? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @shannonv1.

Thanks for sharing your interest on the matter.

At this moment we do not have any details on when we can expect the S10 and its versions to be added to the list.

Having said that, maybe you could support this list to add those devices to the list. You can comment and vote on it the idea to show your support for it. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

Let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been seeing this same response to posts for 3 months now. So Fitbit still has no idea when the Samsumg s10+ will be supported by now? Are they even working ok it? There is no update in 3 months? And after 3 months Fitbit is still having a vote on whether this phone needs to be supported?? I think if you just look at all the posts on this topic, that should show you people want this update. This is a very disappointing response. Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer

Hello @shannonv1.

We're very sorry to read about the disappointment this situation has caused.

Please do know that we are taking all comments into consideration and that we are always looking to improve the Fitbit experience.

Unfortunately, at this moment we do not have any details on the S10 being added to the list but as soon as we do have any updates we will be sure to let everyone know about it. 

Thanks for your patience on the matter. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is disappointing that a market leading phone isn't supported by
fitbit!

I've only had a blaze for 6 months!

Think I will bin it for a Garmin upgrade

So disappointed in the product and support
Best Answer

I am now due to up grade my phone to a Samsung 10.

I've had this blaze for six months and will probably ditch the brand for another smart watch!

In this tech era for fit bit not to be compatible with a market leading phone is astonishing 

Best Answer

Welcome back @RitchieC thanks for your reply and the information that was shared in your post. My sincere apologies for the delayed reply. 

I'd like to let you know that Fitbit is always striving to improve our users Fitbit experience with our products and services. We appreciate all of the input we receive from our Community Forums because such information help us to evaluate our procedures for future scenarios. Thank you for the feedback and your patience.

I'll be around if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do the devs make code changes to make the software compatible with specific phone versions?  If so, are they doing this for the S10?  Any specific roadblocks? Any percent complete with some compatibility checklist?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Pathal welcome to our Community! Thanks for your post and my apologies for the delay in responding. 

I'd like to let you know that specialized teams here at Fitbit are always working and testing on new and recent mobile devices to check all the specs to make them compatible with our products and services. That said, even though I don't have an specific percent to answer your question, let me share that rest assured, they are working on this. I suggest you to constantly check our list of supported devices for any update. 

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer

This is the same response everyone has been getting for almost 6-9 months now. There isn't any update on this?? 

Also I had finally started getting notifications if I reset everything every day but since this last update, I'm not getting any notifications no matter how many times I reset. How can an update make it worse?? This is very disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @shannonv1.

We're very sorry to hear about how the situation has made you feel.

The phone is not part of the supported devices list, it means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone and thus updates on the app or phone can lead to further issues. 

If you have not, please be sure to support this suggestion about adding the S10 and its variations by commenting and voting for it. 

Feel free to let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Best Answer

Why can't you confirm that FitBit will support latest Samsung devices soon,  rather than copy/ pasting the same non committal response every time?  If you want FitBit to remain competitive with other brands,  you have to meet customer expectations.  If you are working on supporting a specific device,  then give us a clue.  Otherwise we wait forever and you fail to deliver. I only joined this forum recently but from what I can tell,  you have about 5 default replies you can use,  and no ability to provide any useful feedback! 

Best Answer

I totally agree. I'm in the middle of trying to buy a new fitbit, like ready to check out and see that the app isn't ready for s10. That's a serious deal breaker because I plan on getting the S10+ soon.

Best Answer

I am a Pebble user and am trying to see if I want a Fitbit Ionic. A friend loaned me a Blaze to try but if the phone app can't support my S10 after this long I will have to go elsewhere. Time to investigate the Garmin offerings or just buy a Samsung Gear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my S10 in March. Had no problem with my Blaze or the App.... until last Monday! Now no text messages come up. Very disappointed.. how do they have a new update and not have the newest phones on the list??  

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem on my S10+. Hoping more comments will get Fitbit to do something to fix this issue.

Best Answer