Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this question would have been asked so many times, however I am very keen to start using the Fitbit app, however I want to sync this with my Gear S3.

Is there any way I can get my gear S3 to synchronise my steps etc so I can participate in activities and targets with my friends on the fit bit app?

Surely there must be some kind of way...

Thank you in advance 🙂

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there @Scotte56, awesome to have new members in the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and my apologies for the late response.

This is not possible so far. Note that our Fitbit trackers and watches are proprietary technology and your Fitbit app will not be able to receive data from third party smartwatches.

In addition, other services like Samsung Health are not compatible either; so in these instances is harder to offer a workaround or alternative.

If you are looking a way to track your steps are you doesn't own a Fitbit device, perhaps your phone is able to support MobileTrack. To learn more if your phone support this feature visit the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/devices

For more details please refer to this help article: How do I use MobileTrack?

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go into S Health app an your phone, menu, Settings, then Connected Services, select Fitbit, it will let you log in and connect S Health to Fitbit.  So while the Gear watch isn't conencted directly to Fitbit, the two sites are now connected.  

I just bought an older Gear S2 and connected but can't tell if they are syncrhonizing yet.  There are a couple records in S Health that I didn't enter but they are incorrect.

I understand that Fitbit wants to sell hardware but I personally would be more inclined to buy more of their hardware if I knew they were more open and I could use any device.  I have already bought several Fitbits BTW so its not liking I'm just trying to "use their software for free".

Best Answer

Hi Kevin,

I have attempted to Sync through this as well as sync through the 'MyFitness' app as this is support to sync through to each other, however I have still had no luck i'm afraid 😞

How was your Sync results?

Many thanks,

Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried what you said but it only has strava as an option. Any other advice gratefully appreciated. 

Best Answer

you need to uninstall Samsung health and install an older version

Best Answer
0 Votes

What version do you need to install to get back that functionality?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't worked out how to do it. Only recently purchased Samsung gear on still trying to fight out the fine technicalities . I do miss my fit bit especially for recording gym classes, but I'll persevere.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try using Fit and Healthy app.  It will sync your data from Samsung Health to Fitbit.  In Samsung Health, go to Manage Items, and at the bottom, click Find more apps.  Fit and Healthy can be setup to sync on schedule or on demand.  The step counts is free, along with some other items.  Other items can also be used to sync but cost for the service.  I used it to sync my weight AND body fat % to Samsung Health so I don't have to enter it by hand each time.  Very neat tool.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that. Look pretty good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you figured a work around so that it  works with challenges. My challenge steps are different than what is on dashboard. Seemingly for challenges tracker only uses steps made with phone and not data transferred via gear device. Thanks

Best Answer

I think I understand what you mean. The only thing I would suggest is to check that you've got your settings right in Samsung health. Open step count and tick "all steps" other than than I wouldn't know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kevin7 I've just tried connecting S Health to Fitbit. When I look in the "Connected Services" menu all I see is Strava, not Fitbit. Fitbit is on my phone and running ok. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works fantastically well, thanks! Costs $5 to import my fitbit enabled wifi scale, and brings it into Samsung Health as expected. I no longer have a Fitbit, but want that data into Samsung Health, thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To clarify, this is the tip that Goni05 posted above for "Fit and Healthy" app connected to both Fitbit and Samsung Health.

Best Answer
0 Votes