Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure folder apps not visible on Fitbit app notification list

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been trying to get the notifications from the secure folder to show on my Charger3, but even though the notifications are visible on the notification bar (icon, title and description), the Fitbit app isn't showing them on the app notification list.

A workaround could have been to install the Fitbit app inside the secure folder, but when I tried to enable notification access, I get the following toast:

ZamPrano_0-1712775073447.jpeg

(Notification access is not available for apps in the work profile)

App version: 4.14.fitbit-mobile-110045073<dash>617559692

Is there any way for the notification from the secure folder to show up on my Fitbit?

The closes information I could find was a 6-yaer-old post with no answer.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ZamPrano Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the notification service. 

Based on your situation and the aforementioned thread, it seems that Fitbit does not have permission to access content from apps on the secure (private) folder. I am guessing it is to keep them private. Even though the app is on the same folder, I think it will not display information from said folder. I am guessing this is how it is supposed to work. Hence, the message you received: "Notification access is not available for apps in the work profile". That was a message from the Android operating system. The only way to get the notifications would be to move the desired apps out of the secure folder. Thanks for your understanding. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@ZamPrano Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the notification service. 

Based on your situation and the aforementioned thread, it seems that Fitbit does not have permission to access content from apps on the secure (private) folder. I am guessing it is to keep them private. Even though the app is on the same folder, I think it will not display information from said folder. I am guessing this is how it is supposed to work. Hence, the message you received: "Notification access is not available for apps in the work profile". That was a message from the Android operating system. The only way to get the notifications would be to move the desired apps out of the secure folder. Thanks for your understanding. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer