Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep - Benchmark and 30-day Average are the Same

ANSWERED

Is it just me or is there an issue with the benchmark and 30-day average sleep stats being the same? Those are two stats I check regularly in order to adjust my day/food to get better sleep as needed.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for reaching out about the benchmark graphic on the Fitbit app. I can confirm there is a general issue affecting some users. The shaded block under "benchmark" is not shown for some. The same data is used for the 30 day average and the benchmark comparison. That is the reason you see the same bars for each category. Our team in charge of the app is already working on a solution. I really appreciate your patience. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

When I hit Benchmark I just get today's sleep analysis. It no longer shows "typical range for people like you" which I found useful. It shows an icon for it but the data isn't there. The 30-day average shows a black dot which I am guessing represents how my latest sleep compares to the past 30 days. I don't like the opening graph. I thought the previous set up was good.

Best Answer

Hello @MBwalkingMB and @jliz 

Although the information for your most recent sleep is the same in the Benchmark & 30 day average graphs, they are different.

Looking closely at the Benchmark graphs, you'll see shaded areas for each stage. That's the "typical range for people like you". If your sleep exceeds the range, the shaded area is a bit more difficult to see.

@jlizis correct that the black dot is the 30 day average graph in the other graph, showing how your most recent sleep compares to that average.

I'm hoping that when we get the dark mode option for the Fitbit app, the graphs will be easier to read.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

I am glad you can see the benchmarks on the sleep timeline bar chart. As you suggested, I have looked very closely at the chart and do not see any indication of "typical range for people like you" either on my phone, tablet or computer. Even if just dots were used is the case with the 30 day average, that would be something.

Best Answer

Hello @jliz 

This is what I see when I select Benchmark. It sounds like you're not seeing the same shaded areas on your app.

Screenshot_20240421-144858.png

Best Answer

I do not see anything on the benchmark other than mine. Entire change for the sleep data is absolutely horrible. Go back to original design. PLEASE!

Best Answer

A 'black dot' does not provide the data I had previously relied upon, the actual data. I understand that layouts may change (and I may have to 'get used to it') but there is a loss of actual data. I don't see what would be so hard to add the actual stats on the 30-day selection (as it was in the past). They could have saved a button and just placed the 'black dot' on the first view with a notation that the 'black dot' represents the 30-day stat. This change along with the ongoing frustrations with the desktop platform coming up blank (with a note to "Check out your health dashboard in the Fitbit app. Get Fitbit on your device App Store or Google Play) is not helpful. Just overall frustration. Frustrated with the app changes/degrades. Frustrated that comments from actual users are met with 'you'll get used to it'. At least the boards let me know that I'm not alone in my frustrations.

Best Answer

For all who aren't seeing the Benchmark range in your sleep tracking, I saw a Moderator post acknowledging the issue and that it has been escalated.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I much preferred the old sleep graphs. Now, when I select the benchmark tab, I do not see benchmarks for people my age, but just a line graph showing how much time I spent in each sleep stage. I found the overlay for the typical range very helpful. I’m quite disappointed in this change. And don’t get me going about the change in the Aria 2 scale, re: the inability to re-assign “guest” weights. We were promised a fix by the various moderators…still waiting; it’s been a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The benchmark feature is not working! You buy a product and expected to give you what you paid for! And maybe time to switch to an Apple Watch if they don’t get their act together

With the latest update that shaded area in the benchmark is no longer there! There is absolutely no information for benchmark other than exactly how you did last Really frustrated with this latest update

Best Answer

Not sure why they changed the original sleep data display. Frankly, found it much more intuitive than the current version. Also frustrated by the lack of benchmark comparisons. Maybe they’re still working on it. 

Best Answer

Correct. I do not see the benchmark outline that you posted. 

Best Answer

Hello @jliz 

Thank you for confirming that you're not seeing the shaded ranges.

I saw a Moderator post yesterday acknowledging there is currently an issue for both Android & iOS users where the benchmark range isn't showing on their sleep graphs. The Fitbit team has submitted the issue for escalation. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get this fixed for everyone.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s like they want us to switch to Apple

Best Answer

I don’t see the dotted overlay on my app. I just see the solid line. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for reaching out about the benchmark graphic on the Fitbit app. I can confirm there is a general issue affecting some users. The shaded block under "benchmark" is not shown for some. The same data is used for the 30 day average and the benchmark comparison. That is the reason you see the same bars for each category. Our team in charge of the app is already working on a solution. I really appreciate your patience. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thank you. But forgive me for having a deja vu moment. Last May, when many of us Fitbit users were having an issue with the Aria 2 scale (i.e., not able to reassign Guest weights as we normally could), the moderator also asked for patience, stating that the team's working on a fix. Well, that problem still has not been fixed. So I'm hoping the team will indeed address this latest problem. Again, thank you for your response and transparency.

Best Answer

I am not seeing the Typical range for people like you feature either. I’m very unhappy with these changes to the displays. 

Best Answer

Please fix this so that I can see the benchmarks. 

Best Answer