Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep logs get duplicated five times on Android OnePlus 6t

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sleep logs from last night got duplicated five times on the Android app on my OnePlus 6t. My sleep logs from yesterday also got duplicated several times but I accidentally deleted all of them when trying to delete the extras. My nap yesterday got duplicated five times as well. This is pretty frustrating because part of the reason I got the Fitbit versa is for the sleep logging and I'd rather get it fixed instead of having to return it for a different device

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello. You have a defect on Android app. When checking the sleep, if you enter an interval of hours slept,  then go back, you will see  your list with all the intervals duplicated . Also if you enter again in one of them and go back..then you ll have it 3 times. Happening on Samsung note 8. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @akurah.

Thanks for sharing all of the information in regards to the duplicate sleep logs. 

I'd like to ask some more questions on the matter to better understand what could be happening:

• Does it happen on its own or do they duplicate after you have seen the original sleep log?
  • Are the duplicates reflected on the main dashboard of the app?
  • Has this continued to happen since then or is it on and off?
  • Could you share some screenshots of how it looks like?

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @CTana93.

Thanks for bringing that up and sharing the information on how it is happening.

I'd like to take a closer look at the situation. Could you share some screenshots of how the sleep logs duplicate? That should definitely help in finding what is happening.

In addition to the details you have already shared and the pictures, could you let us know what version of the app and what Android version are you running on your Note 8?

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I had only one day's worth of sleep logs I'm reasonably sure they duplicated without clicking/tapping into the detail view of the log . Today, I have two days worth of the log and fewer duplicates generated from clicking into the log, it used to be opening the detail view made five dupes from go, now it seems to require opening the log again to generate another duplicate. 

I don't know what to look for exactly when you ask for information about the main dashboard. If I had to guess based on what I'm seeing, it doesn't look like it is.

I've only had this device a few days. It's always happened. 

From playing with it more I'm starting to wonder if this is just a display bug. I'm finding now that I have more nights recorded, if the app is force closed and restarted, only one entry per instance of sleep is present. It's also making fewer duplicates today, and it looks like the bar chart at top is accurate.

I'm also still experimenting with the bug, updated this post a lot already from my experiments, still unsure if some of my observations are "this is timing based and would have occurred if you didn't open the details" vs "the bug is triggered by opening the details"

Best Answer

Screenshot_20181125-093213.jpg

I forgot the screenshot

Best Answer
0 Votes

46856088_2229580353979075_705998791311884288_n.jpg46805636_357998271433877_2881718121251471360_n.jpg

Android Version 8.0.0. The Fitbit version I don't know where to find it, but it is the latest one on Google Play, because I have installed it a week ago.

Let me know if you need some more details.

Cristina

Best Answer

Hello @akurah.

Thanks for all of those details and the screenshots! Lots of interesting insight.

I'd like to ask some further questions:

• What Android version is it running?
  • What app version are you running? 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm running Android 9 it looks like with an oxygen os overlay that is proprietary to the OnePlus brand. I have Fitbit app 2.83

Screenshot_20181126-103030.jpg

Screenshot_20181126-103054.jpg

Screenshot_20181126-115328.jpg

Best Answer

Hello @CTana93.

Thanks for sharing all of those screenshots!

I will be sharing these details with the rest of the team so that it can be looked into. As soon as there is anything to share, we'll be letting everyone know.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with at the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @akurah.

Thanks for those updates and those screenshots.

I'll be sharing all of these details with the rest of the team so that it can be looked into. As soon as we have any updates on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know. Please do keep in mind that the sleep logs are generated on the app and thus the Fitbit itself has nothing to do with what is going on.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes