Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep patterns not being recorded

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since updating my App last week, my sleep pattern is not being recorded.. Have tried rebooting, etc. Nothing helps. Cannot set Bedtime hours either!!? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Tinaturna. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know that your sleep data wasn't recorded, as well for the steps tried prior posting. If the rest of your data (steps, distance, exercises, etc) is syncing with the Fitbit app, it might be that your Fitbit isn't detecting your sleep activity correctly. While there isn't an option to sync previous data, I'd recommend to restart your Fitbit device, wear it on your other wrist for one night, verify if the All-Day Sync is enabled and check your sleep data after syncing.

For the days that don't have a sleep record, you can manually log that information by doing the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the sleep tile.
  2. Tap on the + icon at the upper left corner.
  3. Tap on Add Sleep Log.
  4. Adjust the time you went to sleep or the time you woke up.
  5. Once you're done, tap on Save.

About your other inquiry, do you see an error message when setting up a bedtime target? Does the same happen when setting up a wake-up time target? Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, open the Fitbit app and try setting up a bedtime target one more time.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Tinaturna. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know that your sleep data wasn't recorded, as well for the steps tried prior posting. If the rest of your data (steps, distance, exercises, etc) is syncing with the Fitbit app, it might be that your Fitbit isn't detecting your sleep activity correctly. While there isn't an option to sync previous data, I'd recommend to restart your Fitbit device, wear it on your other wrist for one night, verify if the All-Day Sync is enabled and check your sleep data after syncing.

For the days that don't have a sleep record, you can manually log that information by doing the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the sleep tile.
  2. Tap on the + icon at the upper left corner.
  3. Tap on Add Sleep Log.
  4. Adjust the time you went to sleep or the time you woke up.
  5. Once you're done, tap on Save.

About your other inquiry, do you see an error message when setting up a bedtime target? Does the same happen when setting up a wake-up time target? Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, open the Fitbit app and try setting up a bedtime target one more time.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer