Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Track self installed and created unknown device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Smart Track had self installed and the only I could unpair Smart Track was to remove the App.

Why.....? I went looking because my phone was starting to lose battery .

Then when I tried to unpair the blue circle kept going for minutes and no result. So obviously this "device" was polling for something...unbeknown to me.

Restarted the phone, and I was in a different area of the house. Then when I tried to unpair the message was "unidentified id....". with a long number.

Like all homes we have many Bluetooth devices.

All gone now, but I would like some explanation from the forum because I never paired Smart Track..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Smart Track is what auto-recognizes some exercises for logging. It's part of the tracker firmware and can't be uninstalled.

Did you mean Mobile Track?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WavyDavey Thanks for getting back.  I should have taken a screenshot. It was weird and definitely the word Smart Track. I understand MobileRun because I use that.  This is on the Android and unfortunately I went to V7.1.1 and Fitbit App 2.50  within 24 hours of V2.50 being released. I allowed that, because over 12 months I had no issues on my non compliant Sony on V7.0 with Fitbit and other Apps.  Now I have the odd dropout of Bluetooth and needs to restart the phone to connect. Sony claim it's not their issue, must be an App.. And when you get the regular App updates who knows.. 21 Apps  yesterday.

I don't want to backload V2.49 App just yet because I'm enjoying the accuracy of the Sleep Tracking.  That will be my next test because with others posting about Bluetooth dropouts it could be V2.50. I'm not concerned about MobileRun because when I use that I never resume and all of my maps save. If I resume I lose the lot.. Fitbit have my hardware etc in the 2.44+ post...

I will keep an eye on it because Bluetooth sees my Hearing Aids Smiley Happy and I feel it might have something to do with the new Sony Bluetooth Cube speaker for my wife's iPad.

I feel there is a great deal of confusion over naming with Fitbit..

Users get confused because they Track through the App not knowing it's MobileRun

We have SmartTrack for the auto detect exercises

And, here they use MobileTrack as the directions for our MobileRun in the Phone App.

We need consistency......... Keep up the good work...

@WavyDavey wrote:

Smart Track is what auto-recognizes some exercises for logging. It's part of the tracker firmware and can't be uninstalled.

Did you mean Mobile Track?

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WavyDaveyJust upgraded to V2.5, so another variable..  I will keep an eye on it and post if anything eventuates.

Best Answer
0 Votes