Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many app issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have so many issues with this app. I'm at the point i'm ready to give up on fitbit and move to another brand.  I have an ionic and a galaxy note 8.  My ionic, the app, and my phone are all up to date.   

First,  the app frequently hangs at the fitbit startup screen,  and the only way to remedy that is to restart my phone,  which only works half the time.   

Second,  there's so much GPS data missing from runs and biking activities in the app, but when I look online at my dashboard the fil and connect GPS map is there.  Some activities the map will not ever load in the app,  and all I have is the thinking circle.   I don't get all the the data or exercise comparison when the maps won't show.   I've talked to fitbit customer service several times and they can't help me.   Here are some examples:

The full path i took actually shows fine in my online dashboard, but in the app it looks like it lost signal or stopped recording. 

Screenshot_20180611-183617_Fitbit.jpg

This map shows as just a dot in the app, but the full 5 mile path looks fine in my online dashboard

Screenshot_20180611-183623_Fitbit.jpg

I have a dozen activities where the maps won't load at all.   Again,  they show fine in my online dashboard.   

Screenshot_20180611-184042_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Fertetkingdom, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response and thank you for your feedback regarding the app functionality. 

I was reading your concerns about the app frequently hangs out. On top of this your map route are not loading or the course is not correct.

Now, for the mapp not loading or the map only shows a dot like you have demonstrated in the screenshots. Note that these are glitches that are already under investigation to roll a fix in the future. When the map keeps loading, most of the times is due to long exercises. However, so far I haven;t received additional updates regarding these issues.

Now about the Fitbit app keeps hanging, certainly is not a normal behavior. I would recommend to update your app to the most recent version, for more details refer to this post. After the update proceed to reset the Fitbit app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version)

Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps and thank you again for the feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME, my app, phone and ionic are all up to date,  in case I forgot to mention that.   I have installed,  reinstalled, logged out/in, restarted my phone,  restarted the ionic,  etc.   Nothing has fixed the issue.  The only way to get the app to open again when it hangs on startup is to force stop it in my phone settings or restart my phone - and neither should be necessary.   

Best Answer
0 Votes