Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count on friends leaderboard not updating promptly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Previously, if I checked my position/steps on the friends leaderboard and then earned some more steps, then forced my tracker to sync, the friends leaderboard total for me would update within a matter of a minute or so.  Now it has developed a substantial lag.  For instance, today my steps shown on the friends leaderboard are the same as they read several hours ago, despite the fact that I've put in 10k steps since then (and have synced repeatedly to try to troubleshoot).  I first noticed this problem starting a few days ago, but today is the first day I've followed it closely to try to troubleshoot.

The net result is that the weekly step count totals are not at all useful because it's impossible to know when anyone last synced, so there's no telling whether the total shown is current or not.  A few months ago, they were a tremendous source of motivation and competition amongst friends and family.  Then once we were unable to see the time friends had last synced, it was impossible to know whether their step count was up to date or not. Now it's impossible to even know whether my *own* step count is up to date or not, unless I manually write down my total first thing in the morning (it seems that it usually does seem to catch up overnight) and add current steps to that number throughout the day, then compare with the weekly step total.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Adrienna27, I'm happy to see you again participating in the Community Forums!

I appreciate all the information and details that were shared in your post, thanks for trying some troubleshooting steps prior to posting too. To better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know which Android mobile device you're currently using? When was the first time you experienced this?  This occurred after an update? In the meantime I receive your answers, please make sure that the Fitbit app and Android versions are up to date. Also, make sure to be using a compatible device.   

If possible, please send me some screenshots of this inconvenience. You can refer to this post to so so. 

I'll be around. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Adrienna27, I'm happy to see you again participating in the Community Forums!

I appreciate all the information and details that were shared in your post, thanks for trying some troubleshooting steps prior to posting too. To better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know which Android mobile device you're currently using? When was the first time you experienced this?  This occurred after an update? In the meantime I receive your answers, please make sure that the Fitbit app and Android versions are up to date. Also, make sure to be using a compatible device.   

If possible, please send me some screenshots of this inconvenience. You can refer to this post to so so. 

I'll be around. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following up.  The problem seems to have resolved itself today -- I observed it updating reasonably promptly twice this afternoon  -- so I'm not going to worry about it for now.  I'll let you know if it starts being an issue again.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply and update @Adrienna27, sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm really happy to know that the issue that you were experiencing with your friends leaderboard stats was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, you know that I'll be around.

It was a pleasure to assist you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes