Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step counter tile is missing on Android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have downloaded (and redownloaded) the app and set it up up to use with my Samsung S6 as I don't have a fitbit device yet, however the step counter tile is not there and I don't have an 'edit' button on the dashboard. I've tried logging into my account on a pc but there is no option to add the step counter.

Can someone help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Just press and hold a finger anywhere on the dashboard, and you should see a popup with all the available tiles. If the tile is displayed, there will be a minus-sign to remove it. If the tile isn't displayed, there will be a plus-sign to add it back.

I haven't tried setting up the app without the tracker, so it's possible that you can only change these tiles after the first sync.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks but the tile isn't available to add.

From what I've read and been advised I should be able to sync the app to my phone so that it uses the step counter on there without a fitbit device. Screenshot_20170228-185637.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Emma988, what kind of Android phone do you have that has a step counter?  Or, are you using Google Fit for the step counter?

Best Answer

Hi, it's a Samsung Galaxy S6. It has a step counter within Samsung Health on the phone but I have been told to use the fitbit app because I can link my account to the health insurance policy I have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with the samsung s6, no fitbit as of yet but no steps counter on the app. Have you found a solution to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Rhi93! Hello @Emma988!

In this case you would be looking to use a feature known as MobileTrack. This feature lets you use your mobile as if it was a tracker. Having said that, the Samsung Galaxy S6 is not compatible with this feature.

If there is not tracker, or mobile, set up to an account, there will be no step counter on the Fitbit app's Dashboard.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung A7 and cannot see the step counter either. Are you saying that we need to download a separate tracker?? I don't understand...

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Roxanne2308

If you do not have a Fitbit tracker then the only way for your steps to show up on your account would be using the MobileTrack feature. In this case, since your A7 is not a compatible device, the MobileTrack feature will not work with it. 

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a fitbit Altra HR that I have synced with phone and still don't have the step tile, sleep tile, or HR tile.   Please help I have a samsung galaxy 4 , I'm using for my moms fit bit ( I bought the altra hr for her) I tried connecting to my home computer but apparently you need 8.1 which I don't want on my computer I still have windows 7 home premium.  So I can't connect to my desktop or my old phone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Free24.

That sounds very frustrating. I'd like to take a closer look. 

Could you share a screen shot of what you see on the app? That'd help me find the best way to move forward.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes