Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps Not Updating on Challenge -Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've started a challenge and it's picking up my friends steps but not mine. My dashboard has my steps. I checked the website and my steps are there but it also says last sync was February 6. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

I'm on Android Version 7.0

Samsung Galaxy S7 is on the supported devices list

I'm only using the app on my phone. One of the challenge participants is too and her steps are there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Sugatoes201, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I saw your steps are not syncing with your Challenge. Is your tracker syncing other information aside from the challenge you are participating?

It is possible your tracker is not syncing based on your description that last sync occurred on February 6. So in case this is the issue, the following post will give you some extra help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

If the issue is limited only to challenges and your other information is syncing correctly then review these suggestions:

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode (Your tracker is connected in real time)
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thank you for the response. None of the challenge participants saw my steps. My progress also syncs successfully to my jobs wellness website challenges. It's just the challenges via the app. I'm using MobileTrack on the app as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sugatoes201, thank you for the update. My apologies for the late response and since it has be few days after our last interaction I have to ask, how it goes so far?

If the issue persists on a daily basis or it keep repeating in the next challenge, perhaps quitting the challenge and rejoining, will fix this issue. Keep in mind you will need to ask the creator of the challenge for a new invitation if you are not the creator. I'm suggesting this given the fact that all your steps are being send over to your Dashboard and your job wellness website.

Stick around if you need more help. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes