Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping all comment notifications from the a Fitbit Feed post

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any updates on the horizon that will give Fitbit Users the option to opt out of receiving any notifications of comments within a post after they have comment similar to what Instagram have? Where you can comment and others can after you BUT you don’t receive any notifications of their responses only the author of the post get the notifications. The number of notifications adds up pretty quickly…

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Michelle P
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your quite welcome @MichellePY 😃 I’m happy it quieted all the background noise for you and placed your focus on other things. If you thought my suggestion helped please consider marking my solution as Best Answer as doing so helps others find the solution to the same question/issue you were experiencing. Enjoy the rest of your day and as always Happy Stepping! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @MichellePY  - Not sure if this is what you are asking but if you click the gear icon next to the title of the topic there you can unsubscribe.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I don't have that option within a post to stop all the notifications e.g. comments... Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Grateful4Ever  - you must be logged in to see that option. You may also see it clicking on the 3 dots in a post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I click on the three dots within any post, The only option I get is "report this post". And of course I'm logged in...

As far removing myself from a group, I know how to do that. I am referencing the posts within a group that one may have responded to and don't want notifications of others comments sent to you. I wanted to stop those specific notifications. Does that make sense?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Additionally... I looked under "Notifications" and I don't see an option to opt out of receiving "post comment notifications". I hope I am explaining clearly...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Grateful4Ever  - as you only have 5 posts in the Community you are obviously looking somewhere else, and are requiring a different response.

Can you post what it is you are trying to do and where you are trying to do it.

For the Community posts with a PC browser, the gear or 3 dots, is the way to unsubscribe from those topics.

On a phone you may need to be in Landscape mode and the 3 dots may not be visible but a hidden box on the same line as the date and time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not for sure how the number of posts I have in the community have to do with anything NOR the assumption I must be looking somewhere else; nevertheless, thanks for your help.

Best Answer

This is in reference to the fitbit app and community posts. The Fitbit app provides no feature to stop all the notifications from other users. I wish they would fix this as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes... that is what I was referencing.
Michelle P
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MichellePY 

Maybe I can help stop some of the chatter your getting. if you want this to stop, make sure you turn off Messages notifications in your push notifications settings. Hers how: Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture then scroll down and tap Notifications. Under push notifications make sure Messages notifications are turned off. While your there you can also turn of Social Feed as well. I’d scan through them an turn off things that don’t concern you. After you make all your changes make sure you sync your Fitbit tracker to accept the changes you made. After that enjoy the new peace and quietness. 😉

I hope this gives you the answer you were seeking. (By the way…if you want to know how to stop all the chatter coming from this site as well let me know and I can explain how to do that as well. Let me know if all this helps 😃

Best Answer
Thank you so much!!!🙏
Michelle P
Best Answer

Your quite welcome @MichellePY 😃 I’m happy it quieted all the background noise for you and placed your focus on other things. If you thought my suggestion helped please consider marking my solution as Best Answer as doing so helps others find the solution to the same question/issue you were experiencing. Enjoy the rest of your day and as always Happy Stepping! 

Best Answer

Thanks... this sort of fixes the issue but it would be nice if Fitbit developers would give us the same control as the web browser community on posts to un-subscribe from just one post. Instead of your solution to turn off all notifications from social feed posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MatthewRP 

😏 Well I think I can help in that department as well. In the right hand corner of your screen (when your on the community home page) is your profile picture…tap your profile then tap settings in the drop down menu. Now tap personal then place a check mark under “Don’t send me any community emails” then tap save. That takes care of email’s. But if you want to pick and choose them go this route…Now while your still on that page tap subscriptions & notifications. Now tap Email Subscription Options…you can hand pick which post you want to unsubscribe to here. 
😃 I hope that helps

Best Answer