Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress management tile crashing on Android 10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit app crashes when I press the stress management tile on the home screen of the app. The app shows a stress management score but doesn't allow me to click on it to get more details.

I have tried restarting phone, clearing cache, clearing data and re-installing app. These do not resolve the problem. I have submitted a crash dump through the Google play store which should hopefully help.

There is also no mention of the stress tracking on the online dashboard either but I think that's probably unrelated and likely because that functionality just isn't in the dashboard yet.

Technical details below:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (SM-G770F)

Android version: 10

Fitbit Sense Firmware version: 44.128.1.42

Fitbit app version: 3.30

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @Marsberry, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post, your effort trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here is also appreciated. To better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this situation and how many times since then? Is this happening with the Stress Management tile only or with other tiles as well? Can you please share with me a screenshot of the stress management score on the app? You can refer to this post for instructions of how to attach an image into your post.  

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly same issue and all troubleshoot steps completed. I have a google pixel 3xl and android and I have tried everything.

Best Answer

Only on stress tile. None of the other tiles do it.

Screenshot_20200930-211833.png

Best Answer

I have this same issue. Pixel 2XL and it crashes when I touch the mindfulness tab and I do not have a stress management score. Very annoying, just got my sense two days ago and it worked fine for the first day. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I have an iPad and was able to access the tile and get through the intro pages describing that tile and all the data seems to be there when I do the feedback or EDA scan activities on my Sense. After doing that I went back to my Samsung S9 to see if getting through the intro pages on my profile would be enough to get through where it might be crashing. Unfortunately it still just pulls up that first page showing the circle image with the 100 score in it for about a second and then the entire app crashes/closes. After reopening and trying again for a second time I get the error reporting prompt to close app or send feedback. Tried to grab some screen shots of that but it happens to quickly to grab and not sure how helpful it would be. Do not have the issue with any other tiles and I have always had the issue accessing this tile since I started using my Sense. Let me know if you have any other questions, would love to get this resolved ASAP so I can fully utilize this feature.

Samsung S9 (SM-G960U)

Andriod Version 10

Sense Firmward 44.128.1.42

Fitbit App Version 3.30

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another user here with the same problem. I have just one week with my new Sense here, and this tile has always made the app crash since the beginning.

Best Answer

Same exact problem here.  I gave up a 35% discount on another Fitbit product and spent the extra money to preorder the Sense so I could get the added stress management and SpO2 monitoring.  I have noticed the stress score changes, but the app shuts down as soon as I try to access the data.  It has never worked for me.  I have an Android phone and have tried everything. Very disappointed.  

Best Answer

same for me. Have yet to get the Stress Management open without crashing the FitBit app

Samsung S9+ (SM-G965W)

Andriod Version 10

Sense Firmware 44.128.1.42

Fitbit App Version 3.30 (20243526)

Best Answer

Same issue for me. I can see my score but the second I touch the tile it starts to open then crashes the app. I have an android S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also affected by this. 

Got my sense the first day of release and the stress management has never worked.

There is very clearly a widespread issue here. Can we please get an Eta??? 

Best Answer

I saw a post that said it should be fixed and released around the 2nd week of October

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an update yesterday I heard, so checked Play Store and did the update and the Stress Management opens and works!  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit App Version 3.31.1 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes indeed they fixed it. The version released on the Play Store on 30 September is good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can confirm, issue is now resolved for me after updating to FitBit app version 3.31.1

Best Answer
0 Votes