Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 11 Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been experiencing problems with my Versa 2 sine upgrading my Pixel 2XL to Android 11.

My primary indicator if issue is/was that when initiating a GPS excercise, like a run, walk, hike, or bike, my Versa 2 would not "Connect" to my phone which would enable GPS functionality for the exercise.

Another issue I found was that my Versa 2 battery was draining much faster than I had been accustomed to. My Versa 2 would use 80% of power over about 18-20 hours where previously I would be able to get 50+ hours which would include a exercise that included connection to the phone and screen always on.

Once I was aware of the above two issues, I began poking around more and found that manual syncing to my Pixel 2XL was not working. There was some auto-syncing happening as data was syncing, but trying to sync from the app on my phone by dragging down or tapping sync in the versa 2 settings.

I searched FitBit forums finding this post which recommends some combinations of uninstalling, restarting, adding your Fitbit to a different device.

I attempted adding the FitBit app to my Windows 10 laptop but I could never get my Versa 2 to hook up in anyway. 

I did do several iterations of uninstalling/reinstalling, restarting phone and Vesa 2. 

What I believed provided the most benefit was clearing user settings from my Versa 2, in combination with removing the Versa 2 from my FitBit account, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app from my phone.

When I got everything back up and installed/running, which included a Frimware update on my versa 2, I was able to consistently initiate manual sync via the app.

Battery performance of my Versa 2 has returned to previous levels, and I think my phone battery is doing better too.

Yet my "exercise connect" issues still remain. I have found that, if I initiate an connected exercise, like a run, on my Versa 2 while its trying to connect my phone, if I open the phone app and initiate a manual sync the versa 2 exercise will connect, and will remain connected until I shut off the screen of my phone. When I see the exercise is connected, I'd start the exercise, and turn off my screen and physically start to run. Checking my versa 2 moments later would show the exercise in progress but either "trying to reconnect" or "not connected". Later the exercise log would show my gps path on the maps as only being a few feet long.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I will be testing this out too.

I found that location permission was set to allow only when app was in use, which coincides w/ symptom of my exercise only connecting when I open the app and manually sync, and then disconnecting when i shut off my screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes