Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync and Notifications Versa With honor 10 - Oneplus5 - Google Pixel

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All as many other are frustrated as well as me beyond belief - i thought id try again - and for the last two days i do seem to be having better success this time since the updated app .

But what i have found out as well is  you have to Lock the App in the Background so you cant close it and whatever you do do not swipe it away and it seems to keep connection a lot longer and the disconnection is not so frequent . 

I have still had to go through the same steps 2 times a day but it better than every 5 mins or couple of hours .

steps are :

1 unpair any bluetooth device from your phone including fitbit versa

2 Goto to setting - All Apps - Show Device Processes

3 Scrolls to Bluetooth - Select Storage - Clear Cache - Clear Storage - Forcelose

4 power off your phone

5 restart phone

6 Launch Fitbit app

7 Let Fitbit app pair the device

8 then go to where you can see all your recent app and use the lock icon to lock the fitbit app in the background.

9 go back into setting 

10 Battery optimisation

11 Find fitbit allow to run in background

12 in Fitbit app Allow all day sync and Sync when phone in do not disturb

You still loose Connection but hopefully it will be less 

when you loose connection for what ever reason follow steps 1 to 7 again to get them back this is on Honor 10 and oneplus 5 and Google pixel 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @Ta2man, thank you for keep sharing your workarounds to improve the connectivity of your these mobile phones that has not been confirmed as compatible. I'm well aware you have been around sharing your feedback as part of the affected Community members due to this incompatibility issues.

I'm glad to read the new version improved the stability of the app.

As always, thank you for your input. I will let you know more news regarding compatibility whenever I got these details.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you need a permanent solution, try my app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.czandor.fitbitsyncfix

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into phone settings, find the section for location services. Then there should be either a scanning section or press the 3 dots button for advanced settings (depends on Android version) In there look for Bluetooth background scanning and uncheck the box. Restart the phone and try to pair up.

Hope this helps

@Ta2man wrote:

Hi All as many other are frustrated as well as me beyond belief - i thought id try again - and for the last two days i do seem to be having better success this time since the updated app .

But what i have found out as well is  you have to Lock the App in the Background so you cant close it and whatever you do do not swipe it away and it seems to keep connection a lot longer and the disconnection is not so frequent . 

I have still had to go through the same steps 2 times a day but it better than every 5 mins or couple of hours .

steps are :

1 unpair any bluetooth device from your phone including fitbit versa

2 Goto to setting - All Apps - Show Device Processes

3 Scrolls to Bluetooth - Select Storage - Clear Cache - Clear Storage - Forcelose

4 power off your phone

5 restart phone

6 Launch Fitbit app

7 Let Fitbit app pair the device

8 then go to where you can see all your recent app and use the lock icon to lock the fitbit app in the background.

9 go back into setting 

10 Battery optimisation

11 Find fitbit allow to run in background

12 in Fitbit app Allow all day sync and Sync when phone in do not disturb

You still loose Connection but hopefully it will be less 

when you loose connection for what ever reason follow steps 1 to 7 again to get them back this is on Honor 10 and oneplus 5 and Google pixel 

Best Answer